not going anywhere

~ flashback ~

By the time you showed your video to your professor, you had exhausted yourselves in the process of putting it together. But Brian felt the weight of it in a heavier way, falling ill just the day before your video class. Like most men, a simple cold seemed like he was on his deathbed. He was also much more needy towards you than usual, which meant that you'd spend hours binge watching movies with him, and Sasha, when she was home and in the mood to witness your touchy behaviour.

Anything he wanted, you gave to him, surprised at yourself at how easily he could get you to drop what you're doing to go take care of... your boyfriend?

You didn't dare to call him that, despite knowing that you wished that more than anything else. That each day you grew more affectionate towards him, never getting enough of his touch, his laugh, or just his company in general. You're sitting by his side on the couch as you share a blanket while watching The Witches of Eastwick, his favorite movie.

"It's getting late, what do you want for dinner?" You ask him when the movie's credits appear on screen.

"I don't feel like eating" He told you, nuzzling into you. You smile softly, stroking his hair as he laid his head on your chest.

"But you have to eat, Bri" You look at him but you feel him reluctant still.

"Alright, I'll make some pasta for us" You decide.

"Okay..." He said in a low tone, reluctantly letting go of you.

"It's my grandma's recipe, I promise you it's really good" You smile and he does the same.

"You better be telling the truth and not lying just to get me to eat" He eyed you with a bit of suspicion.

"You'll see..." By the time you're in the kitchen, Sasha gets home after spending the afternoon out with Alice.

"Thank God, please babysit our child..." You smile.

"Still sick? Get a grip, McCook" You hear as she walked to the couch, sitting by his side.

"Keep talking and I'll murder you in your sleep" He replied.

"Is that a promise?" You rolled your eyes, getting distracted with the pasta and only talking to them once you were done.

"Try it" You hand him a plate, after Sasha was able to drag him off the couch and sit him at the table.

"Oh God..." His eyes widen. "This is probably the best meal I've ever had" He told you.

"Okay, there's no need to lie" You rolled your eyes.

"I'm not. It's so fucking good, baby" His hand instantly coming up to his mouth as he realized he had called you 'baby' in front of Sasha.

"Repulsive, but I'm getting used to it" She said when she noticed the silence.

"Just admit you love us" He smiled.

"One day, who knows?" You rolled your eyes, moving onto another subject as she told you the latest gossip about your classmates.

~ end of flashback ~

Brian's eyes widened when he noticed your presence, immediately recomposing himself.

"She's here now..." He spoke into his phone, trying to smile as he looked into your eyes, his own red from crying. Which broke your heart.

"Who's it?" You mouth.

"Daniel" He responded. "He wants to talk to you" He hands you the phone with a slight nervous look and you eye him confused, anticipating anything now.