- SEVENTEEN, CONSUMED.

"I mean can you believe that?" I scoffed, staring at Nathan as I told him the details of mine and Lucas' argument

"I mean can you believe that?" I scoffed, staring at Nathan as I told him the details of mine and Lucas' argument. "I mean he's right but-" I couldn't help but jump up from my laying down position. "What!?" I looked at him in disbelief.
"No- I.. I mean I did get principal Turner to make you my tutor so I could mess with Lucas but I liked you before that." He stumbled over his words as I glared at him. "Wow..." I quietly scoffed as I removed myself from my bed, getting away from him.

"Babe, you're taking it the wrong way." Nathan quickly stood up, following me to my window as I stared out of it. "My boyfriend just told me the only reason we ever got together was to make someone else jealous... I don't think there's another way to take it." I turned back to him.
He looks like he feels bad, he should.
"But I always thought you were cute so it was just... easy. And then when I started to know you I knew that I actually liked liked you."

"That doesn't really matter though, does it?
Because if it wasn't for you wanting to hurt Lucas, you never would've talked to me."
I crossed my arms over my chest as he fell back down on my bed, sitting and looking at me.
"Can we forgot that I said that?" He questioned, almost making me laugh. "No." I answered, making him nod. "Is this really what our first fight as a couple is going to be about?"

Before I could respond my cellphone started to ring against my night stand. I gave him a look before I picked it up, noticing that it was my mom. "Hey." I tried my best to sound happy.
"Do you have Karen? Can I speak to her?" I felt bad for not picking Karen up like she asked me too but I just couldn't be around Lucas right now.
"Honey..." my mothers voice was so shaky that it immediately made my stomach and face drop.
"What's wrong?" Nathan mouthed.
"I don't want you to panic, okay?" I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"We didn't make it to the airport, we were in an accident." She admitted. "What? Is everyone okay?" My voice cracked as my hands started to shake in worry. Nathan rested his hand on my arm, seeing that I was in distress.
"It's Lucas baby... it's really bad. You should get here." Her voice cracked as my world switched to slow motion. I fell down onto my bed, letting my phone slip out of my hands as my breathing started to speed up.

I could see Nathan taking my phone and talking into it but I couldn't hear what he was saying due to my ears ringing. Oh my god. What if Lucas dies? How can I live without my best friend?
He can't die thinking I hate him. Karen and Keith must me a mess. And Keith and my mother, they must be hurt too.

I remember Nathan taking my hands and bringing me to my car but everything else went black until we were standing outside of the hospital. "Oh, Whitney." My mother walked towards me, immediately pulling me into her arms, very tightly. "Are you- are you okay?" I questioned in worry, my eyes immediately going to the white bandage on her forehead.
"It's just a few stitches, I'm fine."

I slowly nodded, holding onto her hands.
"Where's dad? Does he know-" I frantically looked around. "He's gone to get Karen at the airport." She spoke calmly as my heart started to race. "And Keith?" It was suddenly getting hard to swallow. "He's a little banged up like me but we're fine. I can't say the same about Lucas. They had to rush him into surgery, it's bad."