- FIVE, DAN SCOTT HAPPENED.

My whole body filled with guilt as I made my way back downstairs, my eyes landing on Peyton as she slept on the living room couch

My whole body filled with guilt as I made my way back downstairs, my eyes landing on Peyton as she slept on the living room couch. The sound of foot steps behind me made me sigh.
"We're terrible people." I spoke, not bothering to look back at him as I made my way towards the front door. Nothing happened last night.
Literally a minute after Tim left Nathan fell asleep. I kept the spare pillows between our bodies as we slept last night, though I didn't sleep much, I couldn't help but think about Lucas.

"How are you getting home?" He questioned, following after me. "My feet." I sassed, walking down the front steps, still refusing to look at him.
"Let me just drive you home." He offered, grabbing ahold of my hand. "My feet work just fine." I took my hand out of his, finally looking up at him. "Please. It's the least I could do." True.

"Fine." I caved in, allowing him to open the passenger side door for me again. "You better not still be drunk." I joked, pulling the seatbelt on.
"I think all of the alcohol in my system went down the drain along with my self respect and dignity." He sighed which just made me laugh.
"Congratulations, you're human." I placed my hand on his shoulder before I turned the radio on. "It's not to loud is it?" I'm sure he's hungover right now and even though I love music, it's the last thing I want to deal with when I have a hangover headache. "Yeah, you're good."

Dilemma by Nelly and Kelly started to play through the speakers making me mentally laugh to myself. Very funny. Not. But I still couldn't help myself from singing along to the lyrics, realizing that this song is a little too fitting.
My eyes glanced towards Nathan, making me stop mid verse once I noticed he was looking over at me. "Eyes on the road, Scott." I pushed his head back towards the right direction as we thankfully turned onto my street.

As the car started to slow down he turned the radio off. "Hey, so about last night-" he started making my eyes pop. "No." I quickly cut him off.
"No, let's not do that." I shook my head, letting out a nervous chuckle to hide my embarrassment. "Do what?" He turned to me as he parked the car at the end of my driveway.
"The whole drunken regret conversation." He just looked at me, not saying anything. "Look, just make sure Tim doesn't say anything okay? As far as anyone else is concerned, the last time I saw you last night is when I poured my drink over you, after I argued with Lucas I got a cab home and passed out."

"You gonna get them to lie to?" He pointed behind me, making my head snap back.
Fuck me. Both of my parents stood on the front porch, staring down at us, neither of them looked pleased. "Goodbye, Nathan." I sighed, getting out of the car and doing my walk of shame up to my parents. "Why the hell is Nathan Scott dropping you off?" My father started before I was even up the stairs. "I'll go make you a coffee." My mother made a wincing face before disappearing inside.

"That's the third time this month." He continued as I stood silently. "It's nothing." I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck. "You know I try my best to be a cool dad, I was young once too.
I let you have your boyfriend over whenever you want, even behind close doors because I trust you but Nathan? When did you and Lucas break up?" When I didn't answer his face dropped even more. "Whitney Violet Williams." He spoke in the dad tone which just struck something in me.