- ONE, SUCK IT PRICK.

"Where is this kid?" Karen sighed as she turned the coffee machine off

"Where is this kid?" Karen sighed as she turned the coffee machine off. "I'll give you one guess." I turned to her, giving her a knowing look. "Right." She chuckled and nodded just as the front door to the cafe opened. "Speaking of." My smile widened as my boyfriend walked towards me, placing a quick kiss on my lips. "Smells good in here." He commented as he looked back towards his mother. While Karen poured him a bowl of chilli I went out back to grab my bag.

"Whitney, would you like to join us?" Karen spoke as I made my way back into the main part of the cafe. "Hmm. Moms away for the weekend with work that means my father probably just has a tv dinner for me..." I tapped my chin pretending to think "Yeah, I think I choose chilli ." I nodded my head, pouring myself a bowl before I sat down with them at a small table.

"So how was ball?" I questioned, my eyes locking with Lucas'. "The usual." He shrugged before turning down to his bowl of chilli, if we were in a cartoon right now, you'd see the bright light bulb popping up above my head right now. "I know that look." Karen spoke up, both of them now staring at me. "What do you mean?" I shrugged, pretending to be clueless as I shoved a spoonful into my mouth. "You've been around here for what, eleven years? I know when you have an idea." Karen continued.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." I lied but couldn't help the small smile from breaking out onto my lips. "No, she's right." Lucas agreed with his mother, making me playfully roll my eyes. "Would you look at that." I glanced down at my imaginary watch before standing up. "It's past my bedtime." I joked, grabbing my bag off of the floor and slinging it over my shoulder before I leaned across the table and gave Lucas another quick kiss. "See you tomorrow." He mumbled and I nodded before heading towards the door.
"Night." Karen and I spoke at the same time before I pushed the door open.

The ten minute ride home from the cafe to my house was filled with blasting Nelly lyrics from my radio. "That you, babygirl?" My fathers voice spoke from the living room as I threw the front door open. "Yeah." I called back, dropping my bag on the bench next to the door and tossing my keys into the small dish. "Did you eat?" He questioned as I walked towards him. "Yeah, Karen's chilli." I nodded as my eyes flicked to the TV, he was rewatching his old Basketball tapes.
"1985, Raven's against Eagles." I stated, sliding down the back of the couch and onto the cushion next to him.

"That's right." He clapped his hands together with a huge smile on his face "You beat them by 20 points." My father watched these tapes all the time, I eventually got wrapped up in them too.
I may not look like it, but I actually enjoy basketball. "22." He corrected just as he made the winning basket. "I can see that big vein popping from Dan's head threw the tv." My father and I laughed before I quickly let it die out. "Okay... what's up?" He paused the tapes, turning to face me. "Am I really that easy to read?" I furrowed my brows as I leaned further back into the couch.

"No. But I'm your father so..." he shrugged before tapping my knee, signalling for me to speak up.
"Speaking of a Scott..." I trialed off, I could see and feel his whole body tense. "Oh what do you have going on up there." He gestured to my head, making a chuckle escape my lips. "Lucas... you know he is to damn good to be wasting his talent at the park." I shrugged my arms as he rubbed his head."That's just creepy." He mumbled to himself making my brows scrunch again "What?"