- NINE, USE THE FRONT DOOR.

I stared at the salt shaker in my hand, bored out of my mind as I watched the white dots fall into a smaller salt shaker, thankfully this was the last one I had to fill and then I should be able to go home

I stared at the salt shaker in my hand, bored out of my mind as I watched the white dots fall into a smaller salt shaker, thankfully this was the last one I had to fill and then I should be able to go home. "Your hot dates here." Keith teased making my head snap up towards the door, Nathan was on the other side. "Use protection." Karen smirked as she took the salt shaker from my hand, nodding for me to go.

"I hate you both." I playfully rolled my eyes as I took my apron off, tossing it towards Keith before I left the place, wearing a nervous smile.
"Didn't expect you to come." I spoke honestly as the cafe door closed behind me. "Didn't Brooke tell you I was coming?" Nathan furrowed his brows. "She did... still didn't think you'd come."
As far as I know, Nathan Scott doesn't do dates.
"Why not?" Nathan stared down at me.
"Because you're you... let's just hope this night doesn't end with me embarrassing myself again."

"I'm really sorry about that." The smile fell from his lips as he played with an envelope in his hands. "It's not your fault Nathan. But if you're doing this out of pity or something, please don't."
Nathan was never mean to me, he seemed to only be nice to me actually but I'm well aware of how big of an asshole he could be to other people so apart of me always stood on guard with him.
Apart of me also always thought the only reason he ever flirted with me was because of Lucas, it's hard to believe that it's anything else.

"It's not pity, I like you." A smile raised on both of our lips as I bowed my head, hiding my blushing cheeks. "So what's the date?" I turned back up to him as he held the envelope up.
"One envelope leads to the next." Great, a scavenger hunt. I'm very iffy on any kind of date that Brooke Davis has planned, we'll probably end up in a strip club or something.
"Let's get started then." I glanced back into the cafe, seeing that both Karen and Keith were watching us. I laughed to myself before taking the card from his hand and opening it.

"Go to 1423 river street to find your next envelope. On the way, tell three things you like about each other." I read off in my Brooke Davis tone. "You're going first." With slightly widened eyes I placed the card against his chest, letting him take it back before we started to walk.
"You're the most patient person I know." He started which made me chuckle. "You'll change your mind about that very soon, I promise."
I may be patient when it come to tutoring but for anything else, I'm the least patient person.

"You don't treat me like a moron when you're tutoring me." My head quickly snapped to him, giving him a sad look. "Because you're not a moron, Nathan. You just doubt yourself to much." I mindlessly wrapped my arms around his arm as we continued to walk down the street.
"Keep going." I chuckled. "Your loyalty, especially to Lucas... even if I'm not always so happy about how it plays out." He smiled down at me but I just shook my head. "People use to be able to say that about me but I don't know how loyal I am to him anymore..."

"You're an amazing friend to him, Whitney. The only reason we ever got to know each other is because you were trying to help him, you hid your feelings about me for his sake and I have no doubt if he walked up to us right now and asked you to ditch me, you would do it." Nathan pointed out making me smile to myself.
Maybe I'm not as bad as I tried to convince myself. "Okay, my turn... three things." I tried my best to pretend it was hard to come up with which just made him playfully push me to the side. "My good looks." He joked but I mean...