- FIFTEEN, THE ONES YOU LOVE.

"Karen's Cafe, how may I help you?" I spoke in my fake costumer service voice as I answered the phone, leaving Deb to handle the counter

"How's my girl doing?" A familiar voice questioned through the phone, making my eyes slightly widen in surprise. "Oh, my god!" A smile took over my face while Karen giggled.
"How's the business?"

"Well, mom, Lucas and Keith barely come by for obvious reasons but Deb's actually pretty good." I admitted as I watched her serve a customer.
The cafe is definitely not dead anymore like the first week, after the open mic night the place has been flooded. "Well, I'm glad to know my business is still standing." I nodded before mentally slapping myself "Oh my god, how's Italy!?"

"Amazing but I miss my girl and my boy." She spoke through the phone as I sat down on a counter in the back. "So what have I missed? Keith and Lucas barely tell me anything." She chuckled. "Well the last three weeks I've fought with Lucas and Nathan, made up with them, listened to Peyton complain about how ungrateful Brooke is for having Lucas as a boyfriend.... Oh yeah, and I threw up on Dan."

"You didn't!" She gasped, making me laugh.
"I'm afraid I did." I held my hand to my face in embarrassment. "I get back soon, can you do it again for my welcome home gift?" She joked before someone in the background called her name. "I've gotta go. I'll try to call you again soon, okay? Love you." She rushed out. "Love-"
Click. I chuckled, shaking my head and hanging the phone back up before I went out front again.

"Can you take over so I can have a bathroom break?" Deb questioned, laying her hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, of course." I nodded before she jogged off. At the same time the bell over the door rang. "If you're eating in you can sit anywhere." I smiled at the older costumer as he glanced around the Cafe. "I'm actually looking for Karen." He turned to me as I put on a fresh pot of coffee. "She's actually out of town right now."

"Oh... how's her boy?" He asked, catching me by surprise. Who is this man? I've known Lucas and Karen for pretty much ever and I've never seen this guy around before, not even in picture.
"Lucas? He's great." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, slowly nodding his head.
"Do you want me to give them a message or tell them you dropped by or...?" He quickly shook his head as he headed towards the door again.
"Just an old friend." He shrugged off before disappearing out the door. Well then... that's odd.

___________

"How much do you like me?" Nathan randomly questioned in the middle of our make out session. "Clearly a lot, why?" I raised a brow as I slightly pulled back from him. "My grandparents are in town..." He hesitantly spoke. "Okay? Do you need a place to crash or something?" I questioned as I fully got off his lap, sitting down on my bed. Talking about grandparents doesn't really get me hot.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd come to a family dinner tonight for my dads birthday." I couldn't help but laugh, until I realized he was being serious. "I'm trying to decide who you hate more, your dad or me because this is torture on both ends." I groaned, placing my face in my hands.
"Please, babe. My grandfather is more obsessed with basketball than my dad is and he doesn't know I quit basketball yet. I need you there to save me if it gets bad." He grabbed ahold of both of my hands, forcing me to look in his eyes.