Who Sent This?

*Jeremy's POV*

~Roosevelt Elementary School~

This is where my mother works. Roosevelt Elementary. It's also where I spent my Preschool years, the rest of my Elementary years, and my Middle years. Nowadays, I'm just a volunteer. Aside from my mother, her best friend also works here, Maya Mallari. They've been longtime friends for as long as I can remember, and they're still going strong.

~Maya's Classroom~

Jeremy: *Enters with Jolene* Hey.

Maya: Hey! Our man of the hour! *Hugs them* How have you two been?

Jolene: We're doing fine.

Jeremy: I guess you heard about what happened at Universal Studios?

Maya: Yep! Your mother told me about everything you told her and your dad. And my phone's been buzzing about it ever since. What was it like doing all of that?

Jeremy: Honestly, it was nothing like any other big thing that we've done before. *Chuckling* I actually want to do something like that again.

Maya: *Chuckling* I can see why. So, why are you here today?

Jolene: Our mom told us to help you out with whatever it is that you want.

Maya: Oh, of course. Yes. I would like some help right now.

Mailman: *Enters with an envelope in his hand* Excuse me.

*The three turn to him*

Mailman: I have an envelope for one of the teachers here. Someone named "J Torres".

Maya: Oh, sorry. She's unavailable. I can bring it to her if you'd like.

Mailman: Sure. Thank you. *Passes it and leaves*

Jolene: *Examines it and spots something* Huh. That's odd.

Maya: *Spots it as well* *!* What?

Jeremy: What's wrong?

Maya: It says it's from... my address. It even has my name on it.

Jolene: But... you're still here.

Maya: Yeah, I haven't gone anywhere far away. If I wanted to give something to Jen, then I would bring it here in person.

Jeremy: *Grabs the envelope*

Jolene: Sorry. Curiosity. *Opens it to reveal...* A postcard? *Grabs it and examines it* And it's from Ireland. *Finds a "For Jeremy" note on the card* Wait. This is addressed to... me.

Jolene: To you? "Finds something else* "From Maya... Satō"? Who's she?

Maya: And why would pretend to be me?

Jeremy: I don't know. I'm more concerned about how she knows me. (Who sent this?)

~Location: Unknown~

Meanwhile, in a rusted freighter full of Crimson Elitists, a young female, imprisoned within a locked room, obscures her face while quietly writing another postcard for Jeremy.

Girl: I have to keep this up. He's known for being curious, and I'm not stopping until he listens. *Writes her name*

"Maya Satō"

-~=-~=-~=-

Coming soon

Coming soon