Redwood's Finest

~Redwood City, California~

*???'s POV*

Redwood City, California.

Despite being one of the lesser known cities in the state of California, and the whole United States, Redwood City still has some form of popularity.

It's named after the redwood tree, the tallest tree known to the world; its history spans its earliest inhabitation by the Ohlone people to being a port for lumber and other goods; it's also the county seat of San Mateo County in the heart of Silicon Valley; and it's the home to several global technology companies.

It's also the home of a particular young man with an imaginative mind. But more on him later.

~Safeway, Woodside Road~

*A strange figure walks by the aisles*

Other than that, Redwood City is pretty tame, compared to some cities in the US.

*A pack of robbers break into the store, surprising everyone*

???: *Turns to the noise* Huh?

Of course, that's not to say the occasional crime doesn't happen.

Robber: Everybody, get on the ground!

*The bystanders do so*

???: *Hides behind an aisle* This... is a bit ironic. *Peeps around the corner to see the robbers doing about their work* Still, I might as well do what I do best. *Circles around*

Robber: *Grabs a cashier* Hey, get up! *Pulls out a card* Max this out, will ya? It'll spare you the trouble of emptying the register.

???: You sound like my boss.

Robber: *?* *Looks around* Who said that?

???: I'm over here, ya bully.

*The robbers turn to see...*

Robber 2: Who the devil are you supposed to be?

???: Oh, just someone with a dislike for... stuff like this.

Robber 3: *Pulls out a baseball bat* Do you have a dislike for baseball? *Charges at him*