28. Number 1 Cartoon

3 weeks later:

Dhaka, Bangladesh:

Virat's POV:

"And you know what happened after that?" I asked excitedly as she nodded in a yes.

"Yes I saw how you and Ro collided and fell on the ground. Not to forget you smacked Ro the very instant." She laughed telling me.

"I still feel my head paining because of that panda. And you're laughing? I'm mad at you now" I pouted.

"Aw! I'm so sorry." She apologised with a smile as I looked at her through the screen.

"Okay Fine. I anyways can't stay angry at you when you're so far from me." My tone itself turned sad and she didn't fail to notice.

"Accha, you know what, Ranbir pranked Karan and it was so fun. I literally had to hide him in my vanity to save him from Karan's wrath" She narrated and I smiled.

I knew she was trying to keep me happy by diverting the topic.

"It ain't fair. You get to see me live for hours during match but I only get to hear the stories" I sulked.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to be on FaceTime with you all through the day tomorrow, okay?" She offered and I felt guilty for troubling her.

"No, It's fine. I know you work so hard all day on the sets and I'm just adding more to it." I replied and sadness dripped from my voice.

Come on Virat, You shouldn't worry her now.

"Hey, you guys have won the Asia cup, you are not allowed to be sad today. And don't we FaceTime daily?" She tried to cheer up my mood and I tried to pass a smile but failed.

"But I want to be with you. It had not been even a week of us dating and we had to travel to different countries. I miss you Nushkie" I poured my heart out and she looked at me lovingly with her doe eyes.

"I know Vi, It's tough staying away from you when all I want is to come running and wrap my arms around you tightly, forgetting about the whole damn world. But both of us know how impossible it is and our work demands us. So let's not be upset and enjoy these little moments" Her every word calmed me a little and I knew she was right.

"You are right. Now leave it. You tell me how is Paris treating you?"

"For the past 2 weeks, I've only been to sets. So, I couldn't explore around the city. Vse When are you returning back to India?" She asked.

"Tomorrow evening. I'll head straight to Delhi" I replied and she hummed.

Before any of us could continue further, Ro and Jaddu barged in the room.

"Oye, Niche nhi chalna? Sab wait kr rhe hai" Jaddu asked.

"Haa jaldi kar. Agr Teri vjh se hmare jaane se phle snacks khatam hue to phir dekh lena" Ro warned.

"Umm-" I stuttered looking at Nushkie on the FaceTime. I wanted to talk to her.

"Vi, You go. I also need to freshen up and rest" She said blinking at me assuringly and I smiled nodding.

Her partially wet hairs were enough to tell me that she had already taken a shower and said this only so that I go out with the team.

Do I still need to tell you why I am head over heels in love with her?

"Are you talking to Anushka? Give me the phone" Ro said snatching the phone from my hands without even waiting for my answer.

"How are you, my Sharma Sis?" He asked flashing his widest smile.