12. I've got your back

One week later:

"Virat, Please don't say No, na" Anushka requested for the nth time over call.

"No Anushka. I'm not agreeing to you in any way" Virat gave the same reply again causing Anushka to frown.

"It's just a matter of some hours" She again pestered but Virat didn't budge at all.

"But I don't want to go through that hell even for a minute" He reasoned.

"C'mon! It's not even that bad"

"Really, Anushka?" Virat said knowing well that even Anushka feels the same.

"Okay, I agree. It's terrible but still yarr, I can't miss it" She whined.

"Exactly. You can't miss it so you must go. But i can miss it thus I'm not coming at any cost" He replied.

"I'm not asking you to come without a reason. Mom has asked me take you along. So you have to come" She half lied.

Actually, Anushka recieved invitation for Karan Johar's birthday bash which clearly means the biggest party of bollywood with all the glam and drama.

And From the moment she came to know about it, she has been restless because these parties are one of the very few things she hates about bollywood.

It's like acting for hours free of cost. Acting to be enjoying and having fun. Being someone who doesn't drink, it's even hard for her to survive in such bollywood gatherings.

Her mood worsened after reading the bottom line of the invitation that said 'Bring yourself a date because the host is sucker of Ishq wala Love'.

She wouldn't have been as stressed if her crime partners must be attending the party. Basically, Anushka, Katrina and Ranbir hated such parties equally thus they used to gang up together and have their own fun somewhere in the corner of the venue. But because both of them were out of station shooting for their next film, Anushka was left all alone to deal with the amazing party.

She even threatened Ranbir and Katrina to come back and join her for the party but they laughed it off saying that ‘Who would ever want to catch a long flight to get tortured?’. But later suggested her to join them to escape from the party.

In return, Anushka just scoffed giving their idea the tag of ‘Pathetic’ and whined about her misery once again before hanging up the call.

Just then, Anushka's mother discussed about this party and asked her to take Virat along as date.

Even though Anushka had all the right reasons to deny this and tell her mother how it will give media another chance to gossip but she didn't. Because something clicked in her mind.

She gave a thought to the suggestion and finally concluded that she'll ask Virat to join. Not because her mother insisted, but because she knew only he can make her go through that party now.

She knew that if Virat will be around her, they will keep entertaining each other and won't feel bored.

She for once rejected the idea in her mind reasoning that how can she take Virat with her when they even don't get along but the exact moment she knew that's definitely not the case.

Yes, they were pure trouble to each other when they met, but things have got better now. They were more civil with each other than before and were less after each other's neck.

And even though it was hard for her to accept, she realised that Virat is a great and entertaining person to have as company. She knew there can't be a dull moment, when he is around.