17. I care for you

Virat's POV:
When the sunrays fell on my eyes, I shut my eyes tightly to block the light but my useless attempt yielded nothing and I finally decide to wake up.

I was about to sit straight when I felt my arms held tightly by someone. I instantly turned and saw a beautiful sight there.

Anushka was sleeping clutching my arm tightly. With her hairs falling on her face, her lips slightly parted, she looked so innocent and peaceful. Her face was glowing under the fresh rays of sun.

She is beauty personified and she perfectly justifies her beauty with her equally amazing personality. It's rare to be so true and your own self when you are in an industry as demanding as Bollywood and she deserves all the credit for it.

I smacked myself for staring at her like a creep. I realised that we must've fallen asleep while watching the movie. I slowly and carefully pulled my hand out and gently tucked her in the blanket.

I saw the jacket and coat lying on the floor. Picking up my phone and jacket, I made my way outside the room.

I took a shower and changed into a fresh set of clothes. I thought of whatever happened last night.

That man, Ranveer was an A grade asshole and if given the choice, I'll beat him to death for saying all those pathetic things to Anushka. How did he even dare to compare her with his one night stands?

I can't believe how badly he broke Anushka. He shook her belief over Love. The sight of Anushka shedding tears and doubting her efforts, itself broke my heart.

He hurted her so badly and still had the audacity to show his face and question her. He still had no regrets. How are men like him still existing?

I hated how vulnerable she looked because of him but I was glad she trusted me enough to share her vulnerability with me.

My chain of thoughts were broken by a message notification on my phone. I opened to find it was from Anushka.

Actress:
Thank you so much
for last night, Virat.
And you left your coat in
my room.

Virat:
Stop saying Thanks, Anushka.
And keep the coat
with you as present with you..😏
Jaa Anushka Ja, jeele apni zindagi

I smiled remembering how last night when she was returning the coat to me, her eyes were saying a different story. They depicted how she wanted to keep it with her as a fond memory.

Just when I was about to put my phone back in my pocket, I got reminded of something. I opened the contacts and checked Anushka's contact saved as 'Actress'.

I chuckled a little looking at it. I instantly tapped on the edit icon and backspaced Actress. It's time to correct some things.

I typed 'Anushka' but it seemed incomplete. I thought for a second before putting a 💕 heart emoji and saved it.

Now it was perfect.

I moved out of my room to join the team for breakfast. On the way, I met Anushka and both of us wished each other morning and then paved our way to the dining area together.

Even though I was worried if Anushka will feel awkward how we somehow slept on the same bed, but I was glad when she looked properly normal. We had our small talks as we reached the dining area.

"Ahem Ahem" I heard Jaddu faking a cough as soon as we both reached there.

"Ohhh. Look who's here" Rahul said chuckling.

"Good morning guys." Harry greeted us but I didn't miss the teasing in his voice.

What's with them and these teasings now?