7. Take Care, Anushka

[If anyone of you haven't heard the song ‘Ainvayi Ainvayi’ from Anushka's movie ‘Band Baaja Baarat’, I suggest you to please hear it once before this chapter]

Virat's POV:

And Virat Kohli has again hit Anderson for a six”
Harsha Bhogle's commentary rang in my ears.

“And now India needs 80 runs off the last ball. The Crowd is tensed but Virat looks determined”

I looked at the crowd and they seemed dejected. I smiled and they instantly cheered up.

I took my stance and Anderson bowled against me. I saw the ball coming towards me and I was ready to hit it out of the park.

The ball was coming and I was eyeing its every step. When it reached near me and I was about to swing my bat, the ball stopped in the air.

I looked at it curiously and the ball magically developed eyes and lips and started singing to me angrily.

“Hatt re nigode, neem ke pakore

As I started to move towards it, the ball started running.

“Picha kyu na chore, ghume daayein-baayein”

I tried to chase it but suddenly a voice came from behind and I turned to see AB as wicketkeeper coming towards me and singing.

“Tujhko sudharoon, jooti m utaroon
Sar p m maaron, tere dhaayein-dhaayein"

He actually got his shoes off and hit me on my head. I looked at the ball to save me from AB's violence but she shrugged her shoulders and again sang.

“Romeo bina permit ho gaya....”

I looked around to see all the players and crowd standing up and only looking at me before breaking into a dance.

“Tu to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya...
Tu to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya...”

They all were doing the hook step of the song and I was standing in the middle of the ground looking at them. To avoid the displeasing scene, i shut my eyes and opened them with jolt.

Only to be welcomed by the familiar surroundings of my room but the song still blazing.

God, It was a dream. Or a nightmare.

I took cushions to avoid the irritating voice of the song booming in my room. The song finally stopped and I laid down on my bed again.

Before i could've closed my eyes, the song started again. I sat straight to look for the source when I saw my phone ringing on nightstand but I don't remember choosing this peppy number to be my ringtone.

It must be another prank by the team and they are not going to get away this time after messing so badly with me, I thought to myself.

I picked up the phone to see another shocking sight. The phone flashed my name on the screen.

How can I call myself?

Am I still in a dream? I closed my eyes and opened again but nothing happened.