8) The dinner party

Aurelia was walking in the woods alone when she sensed someone behind her.

Aurelia quickly turned around and saw Elijah. "Oh, it's you" Aurelia said. "Hello again" Elijah said.

"Look don't think I don't appreciate what you did saving Damon and everyone else, but I still don't know whether to trust you or not" Aurelia said. "I promise you I mean you no harm I would never hurt you" Elijah said.

"That's not exactly what I'm worried about" Aurelia said. "What are you doing out here alone" Elijah asked.

"Sometimes it's nice just to get some fresh air without worrying about little miss perfect Elena" Aurelia said. "So, you don't like Elena" Elijah asked Aurelia.

"No, I don't but it's not like I won't protect her cause of my feelings of course I will for Stefan and Damon even though their idiots" Aurelia said.

"Why do you say that" Elijah asked. "Cause they clearly can't see this is Katherine all over again I may have never met her but I heard the stories and Katherine really hurt them nearly destroyed their bond all because she had to have both of them and while Elena is not a vampire their both clearly in love with her and she's stringing them both along like Katherine did sooner or later one of them is going to get hurt when she finally makes a choice" Aurelia said.

"You care for them" Elijah said. "Yeah of course I do their important to me they're my family and with all the family I've lost I could use some really great friends" Aurelia said.

"They're really lucky to have you" Elijah said. "Thanks" Aurelia said. Aurelia noticed the way Elijah kept looking at her.

"Okay what" Aurelia asked. "Nothing it's just you're really beautiful" Elijah said.

"Thanks" Aurelia said confused. "Well, I have places to be till we meet again Aurelia" Elijah said and left.

>>>

Alaric and Aurelia were with Damon and Andie at the grill having a drink discussing Elijah.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic falls did you get anything out of Elijah" Damon asked Alaric. "No, it was boring of course Jenna thinks he's charming" Alaric said.

"You sounded jealous" Damon said. "Sound a bit jealous" Damon asked Andie. "Kinda do" Andie said.

"Wish I could've known I probably could've helped" Aurelia said. "How" Damon asked.

"I think, he fancy's me, likes me romantically whatever you wanna call it" Aurelia said. "Elijah fancy's you at least he has good taste" Damon said.

"Don't flatter me just because we slept together one time doesn't mean it will happen again" Aurelia said.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here" Alaric said. "Andie she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets" Damon said. "Haven't you" Damon asked Andie.

"Mmhmm" Andie said, and Damon gave her a quick kiss. "My lips are sealed" Andie said. "This is too weird" Alaric said.

"I'm suddenly wishing I was anywhere else" Aurelia said. "I just need the right opportunity" Damon said and saw Jenna walk in with Elijah.

"Ah there's Jenna with her new boyfriend" Damon said. "You're not funny" Aurelia said.

"Hi" Damon said, and Jenna and Elijah walked over. "Hey guys" Jenna said. "Hey Jenna, I believe you haven't met an old friend of mine Aurelia Hale" Damon said motioning to Aurelia.

"No, I haven't hi nice to meet you" Jenna said. "You too" Aurelia said and noticed Elijah looking at her.

"Aurelia lovely to see you again" Elijah said and kissed her hand. "So, I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today" Damon said.