Chapter 20 Moon

"STOP! Let me down!" she squealed.

The carriers almost collided with each other and were left hovering in place.
"What? What's wrong?" Kinkajou asked startled beside her. There were wondering sounds from above.

"Just put me down!" Moon repeated almost bursting into tears, and when looking up saw Qibli looking at her worriedly and Tsunami wagging her tail angrily. Riptide hovered in place on her other side, looking confused.

"Let's land", she heard Qibli say to the others.

Soon Moon felt the bedrock beneath her and the others descended around her.
"What's now Moon, is something wrong?" Qibli asked.
"Does you hurt?" Kinkajou asked, starting to look at her broken wing that was carefully folded against her side.

Moon swallowed and blinked to keep the tears from coming.
"I can't go with you. Clay, could you tie my wing here?"
"Sure, but we don't have tying accessories with us..." Clay muttered in confusion.
"What does this mean Moon? Are you perhaps going to stay live on the mountain?" Tsunami demanded.

Moon tried to keep the thoughts of others away so that her head wouldn't get more messed up, but it was quite impossible when all the thoughts be directed straight to her.
- Now what is this rapture? Couldn't she just act normal sometimes? - I could treat the wing with Jade Mountain if she doesn't like RainWing healers. Doesn't she like RainWing healers? I should have taken bandages with me, but then there would have been less food. - Poor thing, she doesn't seem to know what she wants or at least doesn't understand. What's the point of staying on the mountain alone?

"Kinkajou, can I hold your Sky Fire for a moment?" She gasped desperately, grabbing Kinkajou's front claws with her own.
"Of course..." Kinkajou said, digging a rock out of the pouch and placing it in Moon's palm. A soothing silence immediately descended on her mind and she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, but I can't go to Jade Mountain or the rainforest. I'm really grateful that you came to pick me up, but... Winter needs me", she said, first looking alternately into Tsunami's and Clay's eyes, and then Qibli, who was soothingly rubbing her wing with his own.

"Of course", he said softly. "In that case, we'll take you to Sanctuary."
"But-", Turtle started and Kinkajou slapped him with her wing.
"By all the tribes of Pyrrhia, what are we going to do with you!?" Tsunami splurged.

"You don't have to carry me anywhere. I think Winter is still on the mountain, he wouldn't leave Wren walking alone", Moon said hesitantly.
"But the wing has to be tied", Clay pointed out.
"Hasn't Wren gone on Winter's ride? Sky always carries her though", Riptide wondered.
"I do not believe. I think the spines of the IceWing are too much for a human..." Moon replied.
"Your wing, you can't walk again..." Kinkajou interrupted.

"Could you use these?" Moon said suddenly and started slicing through one of the stretcher's carrying straps with her claw.
"Hey!"
"You can't!"
"It is..."

But Moon had already cut the strap and now tore the cross-beam from the other end, thanks to which the carrier would not collapse, even if the carriers had flown unevenly.

"Here are bandages. Would you be so kind Clay and tie my wing?" She said with a huff.
"What did you do! Have you lost your last shreds of sanity?" Tsunami yelled at her.

"Obviously I was, but now I'm going to correct my mistake", Moon replied, thrusting the strap and crossbar at Clay. "Would you help Qibli?"
"Oh Moon, we could have at least taken you back if you hadn't shredded the stretcher... But of course I'll help", Qibli replied, wrapping one of his wings around her.

With Clay tying the wing and Qibli helping him, Tsunami marched back and forth on the rock and the other SeaWings talked in hushed tones.

"Now are you sure about this Moon? Do you really want to stay on the mountain alone? How about we go back together and make sure you find Winter and Wren?" Kinkajou urged.
"No, I have to do this alone. I'll be fine, don't worry", Moon assured.