Chapter 14 Moon

Moon stared at the scavenger. It backed up and seemed to shout something to its side facing the ground, then it turned to stare at her again. Its face was white with terror.
That vision... I was talking to that very scavenger in it. He must be the key.
"Wait!" Moon shouted, surprised by what came out of her mouth. What exactly did I say? That was human language! How did I know that word??

Scavenger stops just as it looked like it was going to reverse out of sight of Moon. It turns towards the ground again and shouts something.
Sky Fire! That's why I didn't notice it approaching! Moon slips the bag off her neck and puts it on the ground. Immediately her mind is flooded with the horror, wonder and hesitation of the scavenger, but also Wren's and Winter's thoughts.

"Black Dragon? Why would there be a NightWing here and how does it know human language?" That was Winter's mind! He's here, so close! Moon's heart jumped for joy and began to beat faster and her legs trembled.

Moon took a step towards the scavenger, who stumbled backwards, but pointed at the rock. The wind and rain start to pick up and Moon realizes that the sun must have just risen. She glances at the sky and has to squint due to the rain and wind. The clouds have spread all over the sky, but it seems the worst is yet to come. Above Jade Mountain, the sky is jet black and lightning flashes non-stop. A rumble is heard in the distance. Then it occurs to her to check the message slate.

Are her friends coming? The slate has a message: "We came to Jade Mountain yesterday. Tsunami told me about your conversation. I'm sorry Moon, but we can't leave here until the storm is over, too dangerous or even impossible to fly. Please seek shelter."
So they won't come. I have to manage alone, there is no time to wait or Winter will die.

She turned to look at the scavenger again. It crouched trembling next to a crack in the rock. Moon noted that the fabrics on the scavenger looked fine and valuable. Also, it had jewelry.

Are those dragon scales? Scales from Sky! What is this... this individual must know Wren! I have to show it that I'm not dangerous. She sat down and raised her front talons up, palms up, trying to look as harmless as possible. Scavenger pointed to the rock again.
It means that crack! Is there a rock dungeon below it?

Moon took careful and slow steps closer to the crack, trying not to startle the scavenger, who, despite his terror, remained where he was. The crack seemed to continue and widen slightly towards the bottom of the slope, but at this point the opening was narrow. It looked as if two slanting rock walls at different heights had leaned against each other and separated at one end.

Moon got closer and almost crawled the rest of the way, trying to look as small as possible. Scavenger's fear of escape filled her mind.
I have to put the Sky Fire back on, I can't focus when that little creature is so terrified.

She reached the bag closer to her with her tail, picked it up from the ground and slipped it around her neck. A soothing silence immediately settled inside her, but at the same time she felt the sting of longing in her chest as the sound of Winter's thoughts also disappeared.
Moon bent down to take a closer look at the crack. A huge space seemed to open up below it. And something was visible at the bottom; something light and silvery.

"Winter!" She screamed. "Are you there?" Silence descended, broken only by the drumming of rain and the rumble of thunder.
"It's me, Moon!" She started to cry.
"Moon? How? It's not possible..." A quiet voice answered from below.
"And you said no one misses you", Wren's voice was heard saying. "Hey, Winter. What now?"

"You guys need to get out of there!" Moon shouted.
"I agree!" Wren answered. "Next to you is Undauntable. He is the son of Invincible Lord and is trying to help us. His father has the keys to this dungeon around his neck. He said he would also catch Sky soon."