Worse

"So are you two really good now? Like...really?" Peat asks Noeul as they sit facing each other on the couch in Peat's dorm.

"Mm!" Noeul hums, shoving a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth which makes Peat wince just imagining the brain freeze that Noeul never seems to get. "He even asked me to move into his place once he finds one."

"So, that's it?" Peat questions to which Noeul pouts and asks back, "What do you mean?"

Peat knows the two have reconciled a while back and didn't give his unsolicited opinion then because he was waiting to hear what the backstory behind Boss' actions were. But then, what?

"He didn't explain...why he seemed edgy and why he avoided you like the plague?"

Noeul sighs at his never changing worry-wart friend. "I told you, he just had a lot going on."

"Like what?"

"Like...with his dad and the offer to work for the racing circuit."

"What does that have to do with you?" Peat presses on to which Noeul frustratedly admits, "I don't know! I just...don't think it'll do us any good if I press him. Honestly...I feel like he's carrying something heavy and I don't wanna make it harder for him, you know?"

Peat expels his soul in a sigh. He wants to protest but at the same time, what Noeul said makes sense too. Still, Peat can't help but worry that whatever it is Boss still isn't telling Noeul might destroy them later on.

And as his best friend, Noeul is Peat's priority and he doesn't want to see the boy getting hurt over and over. It makes him even more suspicious that when he asks Fort if he knows anything, the boy would practically go pale and tell him to just let the two handle it.

As if.

~~~

At the next race, Boss is busily overlooking the unloading of P'Chai's bikes as well as a few others belonging to the man's friends. The past couple of weeks have been so hectic and this is the final stretch; he can't afford to fuck up now.

But he can almost swear trouble follows where he goes because just then, he hears an unpleasantly familiar voice.

"Tch! So P'Chai really hired you, huh?" Stop remarks. "He must be getting old and all sentimental, doing charity work and stuff."

At this, Boss turns around to face him with a bored look on his face; this is honestly getting old.

"Seriously, Stop, why are you so interested in me?" Boss retorts, crossing his arms under his broad chest.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, I'm flattered by all the attention you shower me with." Boss grins mockingly. "But I really just don't think of you that way."

Stop's lips are pulled into an ugly snarl and he grabs Boss by the collar then, hissing, "You accusing me of being interested in men?"

But at that, Boss' smirk turns upside down and his gaze becomes even sharper as he snaps, "You sure looked interested in Noeul."

Boss hasn't forgotten about that night, when Stop insisted on going to the festival with Noeul. He's been so busy that he hasn't had time to confront him about it but since Stop initiated, here they are.

Stop snickers. "Is that what you're blowing your top off about?" He lets go of Boss' collar, shoving him backwards in the process. Then the obnoxious male runs a gloved finger over his lips and says, "I don't really do men but...maybe I'll make an exception just for Noeul."

Boss gnashes his teeth at Stop's remark but just a split second before he's tempted to result to violence, Boss thinks better of it. He takes a step back, straightening his shirt back to its original glory and telling the other, "I wouldn't normally let it slide when someone makes eyes at my boyfriend but...I guess I owe you one." He smirks cockily and adds, "After all, if it wasn't for you, Noeul and I wouldn't have made up that night. So thanks, I guess. And...dream on."