Twenty Five

third pov :: baek eunju

She was heartbroken.

Her eyes were clouded over with tears as she hugged her knees close to her body under the covers of the bed; her head replaying the moments her voice shakily called out to Sunghoon, causing him to detach his lips from Heejin's neck. His eyes looked cold (like how they were before getting closer with the Baek girl) as they stared back at Eunju's broken ones, and she could still hear the obnoxious giggle Heejin did at the fact Eunju had caught them.

All she wanted to do was go home.

This was meant to be an enjoyable trip as a celebration of the end of school — but now, all she wanted to do was re-do the school year entirely and not agree to the fake dating arrangement with Park Sunghoon.

Her chest was heavy as she let out a long, and deep sigh, and she turned to lay on her back and look up to the ceiling. The room was pitch black due to the night sky, which she was grateful for, because Insoo and Sarang — who were busy snoring — wouldn't be able to see her tear stained cheeks if they were to wake up from their slumber.

"I'm not looking for another relationship, especially not after that one."

Sunghoon's words were repeating itself over and over again in her head, giving her a aching headache and causing her ears to ring with embarrassment as she picked up one of the pillows that were beside her and pressed against her face in annoyance.

How could she of been so stupid? He didn't want a relationship in the first place, so why did she ever think he could feel the same way she did?

And so, after everything, Eunju couldn't help but feel betrayed. She'd opened up to the boy. He witnessed her at one of her lowest and he helped her though it — reassuring her that he'd help her feel beautiful — and yet, he couldn't have the decency to put an end to their deal, before he started sucking on Heejin's neck.

They were never even a real couple, though Baek Eunju managed to fall in love with the boy that made her feel beautiful.

It was the next day and the blaring sun was peering through the blinds of the lodge and down onto the teenage girl.

The first thing Eunju could hear after gaining consciousness was the sound of the waves outside, and the laughter and screams of her classmates on the beach.

She let out a quiet yawn as she sat up on the bed. Though, the calming moment was quickly ripped away from her as her heart immediately sunk as memories from the previous night snuck into her head.