Seventeen

third pov :: baek eunju & park sunghoon

"Don't look!" Eunju almost shrieked once Sunghoon had entered the bathroom with a hand over his eyes and his head lowered.

"I'm not, I'm not." The boy repeated as he shut the door behind him and turned so that his back was now facing her. "Can you tell me what's wrong?"

It was silent for a moment as Eunju debated on whether telling him the truth or whether to make up a random lie on the spot — Something she wasn't good at.

"I can't go out there." She huffed out, feeling like some of the weight that was on her shoulders had been lifted.

"Why?" He questioned, furrowing his brows even though she wouldn't see.

A sigh escaped Eunju's lips as her arms snakes around her stomach; a way of her trying to prevent herself from being even more exposed than she already was.

"Because..." Eunju began, her heart beat racing as she felt her cheeks tint with embarrassment at the thought of telling Sunghoon her reasoning.

What if he agreed? What if he looked at her differently? Or what if —

"Eunju," Sunghoon called out softly, causing the girl the look up from the floor with slightly widened eyes.

She'd never heard him call her name like that before. It felt different. Like there was a load of emotion hiding behind it. Like he was sympathetic.

"It's okay." He reassured. "You don't have to tell me. I understand." He spoke just above a whisper, and the Baek girl felt her breathing quiver as tears slowly sprouted in her eyes.

She was grateful she didn't have to tell him herself. She was too ashamed of her insecurities to point them out.

"Sunghoon..." She uttered quietly, and raised her hand to wipe away a tear that had fallen without permission. "You can turn around now." Eunju informed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes... I'm sure." She nodded, and soon after, the boy had turned around; his eyes not leaving her face once.

Without another thought, doubt, or hesitance, Eunju had hurried forward and wrapped her arms around Sunghoon's neck, hugging his dearly as she softly sobbed into his neck.

Instantly, the Park boy placed his arms tightly around her waist and pulled her into him.

It caused an ache in his heart when her muffled cries arrived at his ears and all he wanted to do was take away her worries and pain.