Twenty Three

third pov :: baek eunju & park sunghoon

"I don't think I can do this..." Sunghoon breathed out heavily, shaking his lowered head, as anxiety ran throughout his body.

"You can." Eunju nodded, looking over at him with softened features. She didn't like seeing Sunghoon in this state. "Trust me. I'll be right by your side the whole way — Here and back. I promise."

Slowly, Sunghoon turned to look at the girl. Their eyes connected and she could easily see the panic and worry in them. Instantly, she reassuringly squeezed the boys hand and sent him a small smile.

The sound of the tannoy informing the passengers that they were about to depart from the station quickly caused Sunghoon's heart rate to pick up its fast speed once again, and as he gulped in fear, he held onto Eunju's hand tighter than ever as the vehicle began to move.

"Sunghoon..." Eunju called out to him, causing the boy to turn his head to look at her. Her expression was soft and compassionate and it made the boy feel at ease. "Do you want to listen to music with me?" She asked, handing him one of her wired headphones.

Sunghoon's eyes flickered between her eyes and the earbud, before he nodded and took it from her gratefully.

"Here." She stated and handed him her phone. "You can choose the song, since I chose last time." The Baek girl smiled a warm smile and Sunghoon was quick to return it.

Though, Park Sunghoon felt his heart ache as he was hit with the harsh reality of it all. She didn't like him... She didn't like him the way Park Sunghoon liked her — And he'd never have a chance with the her because she was in love with his best friend, Lee Heeseung.

Once arriving in Jeju Island, the students were taken to their holiday village by bus.

Sunghoon and Eunju stuck by one another, not leaving each other's side as they didn't want to be involved in Sarang and Heeseung's petty arguing, and Jake and Jongseong's conversation about the latest girls they'd hooked up with.

Their hands were interlocked as the group of high schoolers came to a stop at the entrance of the village. From what they could see, there were rows of lodges facing the beautiful beach that had plenty of activities for them to do — Such as; volleyball. Not far from the lodges, was the large dinner hall that was an 'All You Can Eat' buffet.

Eunju could hear the squeals of excitement coming from a few of her classmates as they awed over the endless choice of food, and she heard a few of the others talking about how they were heading straight for the beach once unpacked.

"Now, you must remember the rules." Mrs Kwon started, as she stood before everyone. "Girls share with girls — and boys share with boys. No mingling — and if I find any of the opposite gender in the other genders room, there will be consequences."

"Yes, Mrs Kwon." The students chorused in a huff, not too happy about the rule.

"Eunju, you're sharing with Sarang and I, right?" Insoo questioned, gently tugging the taller girls hand to grasp her attention.

Eunju stayed silent for a moment as her eyes wandered over to Kyungmi, who was busy speaking with Miyeon, before she looked back at Insoo and nodded.

"Of course." She smiled widely.

"Great — Sorry Sunghoon, I'm stealing your girlfriend." Insoo teased, before holding onto Eunju and Sarang's hands tightly and rushing over to one of the many lodges.

After settling in, dinner had rolled around quickly, and now, the friend group were sitting together with their plates filled with food and were busy laughing about something Jongseong had said.

Baek Eunju was enjoying herself — a lot more than when she was with Kyungmi. She felt more at home and like she was able to be herself and not pretended anymore. She wasn't constantly having the controlling whispers of Kyungmi in her ear, telling her who and when it was okay to hang out with others, and forcing her judgment onto her, and she didn't have Kyungmi's bad energy around her constantly.

Eunju was was becoming a lot more happier and less insecure, and that was all because of Park Sunghoon...

Once dinner came to an end, the friendship group were gathered on the beach as the sun set. There was a soft breeze in the air, but the suns warmth was still lingering.

"Let's play a game." Jongseong suggested with a grin, and an instant eye roll came from Sarang.

"I swear, Jongseong, if you suggest 'Truth Or Dare', I will drown you." She huffed out in annoyance, throwing her head back.

"Why do you always want to play truth or dare?" Jake whined in disappointment as he leaned back on his hands.

"Why are you guys jumping to conclusions?" Jongseong scoffed. "I wasn't going to say truth or dare. I was going to suggest hide and seek." He rolled his eyes.

"You can't be serious? How old are we? Five?" Sunghoon questioned, his eyes squinted slightly and Eunju couldn't help but chuckle at his comment.

"Why are you suddenly all attacking me? I'm only suggesting something to do." Jongseong frustratingly stated, his eyes flaring in vexation as everyone else laughed at him, finding it entertaining.

"Calm down, Jong," Heeseung chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "We'll play hide and seek — But you're seeking first."

All Jongseong did was roll his eyes and fold his arms across his chest before standing up from the sand. "Whatever. You've got 120 seconds."

"2 minutes?! That's all?" Sunoo gasped in horror, before everyone quickly departed from one another in a rush — Baek Eunju and Park Sunghoon not knowing what a simple game of 'Hide and Seek' would bring them...

☆★

A short chapter, sorry

A short chapter, sorry. I apologize if this seems rushed, I'm in the midst of having writers black sadly!