Twenty Seven

third pov :: baek eunju

All she wanted was answers.

The tears slowly fell down Eunju'a reddened cheeks as questions swarmed her head.

Why?

Why did Park Sunghoon have to do what he did?

The girl was sat on one of the steps to her lodge, watching the talent show play out from afar. By now, Sunghoon had left the stage and was conversing with his friend group as Mrs Kwon closed off the show.

How could he act like nothing happened?

"Eunju?" She heard a familiar voice call out to her, causing her stomach to churn and for her eyes to widen slightly.

Quickly, she turned her head to look up at the boy that called out and they immediately made eye contact — Lee Heeseung easily seeing her tear stained cheeks.

"Are you okay?" He questioned, worry laced within his tone as he moved forward to sit down next to her.

Eunju was faster than ever to wipe away the salty tears from her eyes and bobbed her head; a small (fake) smile tugging at her lips.

"What happened?" He questioned in genuine concern.

How could Baek Eunju tell Lee Heeseung the truth without sounding like a complete weirdo?

"Should I get, Sung—"

"No!" She immediately cut the boy off, making him stop in his tracks as he was about to head over to his best friend.

Awkwardly, Heeseung glanced around before looking back at the girl and sitting back down. "Did something happen between you two?" He wondered, causing her breath to hitch. His question just a simple reminder as to what had happened.

Eunju didn't utter a word, the truth hurt too much, so all she did was nod as her eyes remained focused on the crashing waves before her.

It was silent for a moment. Heeseung searching for something to say, as Eunju's eyes slowly moved down to her knees.

Out of everyone Park Sunghoon could've 'cheated' on her with, it was Min Heejin. The girl that caused Eunju's insecurities. The girl that Sunghoon used her to help get away from — and yet, he ran right back to her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Heeseung gently wondered, copying her previous action and looking out onto the water.

Did Eunju want to talk about it? It's not like she had to tell the Lee boy everything that happened in detail.