Eight

third pov :: baek eunju

Sitting at the bus stop, Eunju anxiously bounced her knee while she sat on the bench provided. It was warm out and the sun was still up within the sky, but the girl simply felt cold.

To say Baek Eunju was nervous to hang out with Sunghoon's friends would definitely be an understatement. She was petrified. She'd never spoken to most of them before and her showing up without them knowing made her heart race and her brain overthink everything.

What if they don't like me? What if they don't want me there? I'm basically intruding. What if I'm left all alone?

The thoughts seemed to be endless and were beginning to make her stomach churn. It was a horrid feeling, and she was kicking herself mentally for forgetting to bring her headphones so she could listen to music as it always managed to steady her — But how was she to know this would be the outcome of fake date?

Sighing quietly to herself, Eunju looked up at Sunghoon, who had decided to stand beside her instead of sit next to her, claiming that the bench was far too dirty, and Eunju admired him in jealousy.

He had his wired earphones in his ears, blasting his music, not giving two cares about the world as he waited for the bus to pick him up so he could see his friends.

Eventually, the public transport vehicle pulled up in front of them. Sunghoon stepped on first to pay for the both of them before Eunju walked down the aisle to find a seat.

Once her eyes landed on two seats beside one another, she instantly sat down, taking the window seat.

Sunghoon and Eunju sat in silence once the bus began moving. The boy listened to his music while Eunju attempted to distract herself with looking out the window or listening to other people's conversations.

She still hadn't managed to control the bouncing of her leg and it was starting to annoy her as she worried Sunghoon would soon notice — And she did not want that to happen.

Silently, as Eunju focused on the objects outside, Sunghoon nudged her arm slightly, causing her to turn her head to him and with furrowed brows.

The boy didn't say anything at all, but his actions were clear.

Looking up at him, Eunju felt a sense of relief wash over her as she noticed his outstretched hand with his earphone in. The girl smiled sheepishly as she felt her cheeks tint red as she took the earphone from him, thanking him under her breath.

"Here." He finally spoke up, handing her his phone once the headphone was secure in her right ear. "Choose whatever."

Eunju smiled warmly at him. She was grateful for his actions because otherwise she would've gotten herself all worked up and become a complete mess when she arrived at the basketball court.