Twenty

third pov :: baek eunju

"Well, that's nice of him." Eunju's mother smiled as she washed the dishes in the kitchen, while the girl ate her breakfast.

"I know," Eunju nodded. "He just randomly asked if we could walk together." She shrugged, taking a sip from her water.

"Isn't he your boyfriend?" Iseul raised a brow. "That's what couples are meant to do."

Right. Boyfriend... Fake Boyfriend.

Eunju had almost forgotten the fact that they were fake dating. They had gotten so much closer over the past few weeks, and treated one another like a genuine couple, that it was convincing her that what they had was real.

But was it real? Or was all of Sunghoon's reassuring words and compliments just for show?

She'd even stopped thinking about Lee Heeseung every hour of the day.

The Baek girl had no idea what was happening, and that caused her heart strings to tug ever so slightly at the thought of things changing. She didn't want to ruin anything.

"Eunju?" Iseul called out, causing the older girl to shake her head slightly and refocus on the conversation she was currently having.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Eunju bobbed her head, feeling distracted by the thoughts that swirled around in her head.

"Oh," Her mother began and turned around from the sink to face her eldest daughter. "You won't be able to go to dance tonight as I'm working an extra shift."

"What? Why? I thought you did that yesterday?" Eunju furrowed her brows, sadness dawning over her at the thought of not being able to attend dance.

"I did, but work have asked me to do it again today and I agreed. So you have to look after your sisters for me."

Sighing, Eunju nodded her head in approval and her mother sent her a grateful smile before getting back to the dishes.

Suddenly, the sound of the front door bell ringing was heard and immediately, Eunju stood from her seat, picked up her school bag and hurried over to the door.

"Goodbye!" She yelled out, waving, before opening the door and leaving.

There, she was met with Sunghoon, who was clad in his uniform, looking as smart and handsome as ever, with his dark hair being slightly parted in the middle of his head.