Twenty Four

third pov :: baek eunju

Baek Eunju could feel her heart smash against her rib cage as she hurried to hide behind the building of the dinner hall after hearing Jongseong yell out that he was coming to find them.

The area she was in was dimly lit, with only the only source of light coming from one of the windows from the kitchen. On the floor by where she was sat, were many flowers that had grown from the cracks of the pavement, and not far from her was a path that led to a cliff edge that had tons of pretty padlocks decorating the metal fence.

She could hear the laughter and screams of a few of her friends, giving her the guess that they had been caught.

Just as Eunju got her breathing back to normal, she instantly held her breath at the sound of footsteps approaching her way. Her eyes widened and she slapped her hand over her mouth and brought her knees up close to her chest.

Though, the footsteps got closer and closer, and they sped up over time, causing her heart to beat faster. Had she been found?

She didn't know why she was taking a game of Hide and Seek so seriously, but with the sun now set, and the area being densely lit; the simplest of things seemed ten times more scarier.

The sounds of pants were heard, and she rapidly turned her head to see who had joined her in her hiding spot. Was it Park Jongseong? Had he found her already? Or was it...

"Heeseung?" Eunju softly called out, her eyebrow raised and her head tilted in confusion as her eyes squinted so that she could see properly in the darkness.

"Eunju?" The boy called back, his eyes widened in shock. "You're still in?" He questioned and she nodded — even though she wasn't too sure if he could see her clearly or not.

Quietly, Heeseung made his way over to her and sat down next to her; his body leaned against the wall. He laid his head back against the wall as Eunju wrapped her arms around her knees and glanced over at at his side profile.

She'd never been this close to him before. She'd never gotten the chance to admire him so clearly before. Now was the chance for her to take the time and scan over every perfect detail he had, and understand yet again, why he had the nickname 'PerfecSeung.'

But she didn't.

All Baek Eunju did, was look away and down at her knees. She didn't feel the urge to drool over him and plan their wedding in her head as usual and she couldn't understand why.

Was she ill? Was she coming down with a fever? Was she experiencing memory loss and forgetting who Lee Heeseung was? Was that why she didn't feel the need to confess her love to him? Or was it because she no longer felt that way anymore?