Want You Bad

The next few days consisted of me handling business as usual, working on the club and making sure I gave Tate enough attention to keep her accusations at bay. Kev texted the group chat to inform us of a concert he got us tickets to. Overall, I'm a little excited but I know Jenna's going to be there and I kinda fucked up our friendship. Tate wanted to go shopping for a new outfit so I accompanied her and decided to buy a couple of things myself. We were on the way into the Hollister store when I got a call on my actual phone. I picked it up without looking at the caller id, I knew who it'd be.

Me: Whaaat, dickhead, what do you want?

Becca: Rude. I was just calling to see if you can make it, ass licker.

Me: Yea, I'll be there... we meeting at the venue?

Becca: Yessirrskii! See you soon.

I hung up the phone and continued to fund Tate's shopping spree. I know one thing, I'm tired of holding all the damn bags. We finished up at the mall then headed back home to get ready. After we got dressed, I drove us to the venue and parked as close as I could. We walked hand in hand up to the entrance as I called Becca. I asked her about where they were and apparently they're gathering in the parking lot. We turned around to look for them as I received directions in real time from Becca. Nervous would be a understatement if I had to describe how I felt. After a good 5 minutes of looking for the hoodlums I call my 4lifers, we spotted them goofing off near Kev's car. To my surprise, he brung his new friend along with him. I greeted the guy and introduced myself and Tate before reality could set in. We were still holding hands and I tried my best to avoid even catching a glimpse of Jenna. "You look HOT, the hell?" Casey announced. I shook my head at her comment with a smile, "Casey, you are so intoxicated baby girl." I responded. She giggled at my response and that confirmed my assumption. "Exes?" Kevin's friend asked as he point between me and Jenna. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "No... why would you say that?" I asked. "Just... observing." He closed. I clenched my jaw and began to walk along with Becca towards the entrance.

Once we made it to the threshold of the building, Kev showed our tickets to get in and we found the perfect spot to rave in. "I'm gonna go get drinks!" Kev yelled before leaving with his friend. I looked around the room, collecting ideas based on the decoration I could see. About 20 minutes later, the show had started and everyone was going absolutely wild. I had to lift Tate onto my shoulders for her to see since she claimed she couldn't. I beg to differ, there's shorter people here vibing with no problem. Occasionally, I'd sneak a peek at Jenna. She seemed so unbothered and full of life. I should be enjoying this event with her not Tate... we can't always get what we want though.

After the show was over, we were all exhausted, who knew jumping up and down for 2 hours straight would be such a tiresome activity. On the way back to our cars, I noticed Tate getting a little close to Jenna. I was't sure what she was doing but I tried to pretend I didn't notice until she yanked Jenna back by her shoulder. "Damn, the fuck? Are you good?" Jenna asked with a shocked tone. I couldn't have even imagined this would happen but Tate did have a few drinks. "Are you fucking my fiancé?" Tate asked. Now I'm flabbergasted, she's never referred to me as her fiancé before. That engagement was literally a fluke. "No. I'm not." Jenna responded sternly. Our entire group gathered around them to enclose the conversation but I stood where I was, not drawing any closer or closing the gap. Tate just seemed to be more upset, my hunch was proven by her pushing Jenna with both hands. I stepped forward and called out for Tate to relax. "Why are you defending HER?" Tate retaliated. I stayed quiet, refusing to give her an answer. I could feel Jenna's eyes burning into my soul, I looked down at my feet to avoid any eye contact with her. That's when she walked away, making an effort to remove herself from the confrontational situation.

I looked up at Tate, shaking my head in disbelief, walking to my car. I unlocked the doors and made sure she got in before sternly advising her. "YOU stay here. I'll be back", I stated firmly before walking off. "Of course you'd go check on your new bitch!" Tate spat. I ignored her comment and walked towards the area I had seen Becca and the others retreat to. "What the hell was that, Dev?" Casey asked with a confused tone. I shrugged, trying not to make my search for the short brunette too noticeable. "Mm... the tea is hotter than I imagined." Kev's friend stated. I saw Kevin smirk at his friend's outburst. "She's parked over there, getting ready to pull off soon", Becca pointed out with a smug look. I nodded in her direction and walked towards Jenna's car.