Literacy

I hung up the phone. Another one... fucking mole. Why wouldn't I be good? What a fucking joke. I tucked the phone into my pocket and rested on my balcony. Over looking the city and it's beauty. I heard the sliding door open and close, followed by a hand wrapping around my bicep. I looked to my left to see Tate resting her head in that same spot Jenna did before. I kissed her forehead and let her relax there. We were somewhat okay before Jenna... Okay, rocky at best. Now? We're slowly crumbling, colliding roughly into dust. I tasked myself with not contacting Jenna or even thinking about her for the next week or so. I got her help with using our previous mouse trap on Thomas, he didn't see the shit coming. Interestingly enough, I lost two members and production couldn't be any better. I guess these pussies were scared straight after thing 1 and 2 got handled.

Kev had introduced all of us to his new "friend", I suspect it's a new boy toy. A lot has changed in just a week. Becca and Casey suggested we all keep our group alive by doing something fun or crazy every Saturday. I'm down. Tate won't be able to come all the time because of school but she's on break for another month right now. Since today's the first Saturday since the plan had been hatched, we chose to do something we'd all enjoy easily. Laser tag. When me and Tate got there, everyone was there except for Jenna. I was disappointed to say the least. We had all gotten suited up and took weird selfies on our guns.

We listened to the rules and things of course but we were interrupted while we were seconds away from being let in. "DON'T start yet. I'm here, sorry", Jenna stated as she got suited up. When she finished she threw a thumbs up for us to proceed. We stood on separate sides of the room for each team. Me, Tate and Casey are on a team then Jenna, Becca and Kev are on the other team. Some strangers had joined both of our teams to fill the lobby out which just makes it more fun. Finally, we were in the arena and seconds away from the game starting. 2 minutes in, I had definitely racked at least 15 bodies. I kept getting shot from above so I found a way to sneak up to the top level.

I crouched down like I was in call of duty myself, when I got to the median I couldn't believe who I saw sniping my team. "Oh, you're a sneaky little trigger tapper", I teased as I walked behind her. She turned around, not easily scared at all and pointed her gun at me. "Give me a reason why I shouldn't take you out right now", she demanded. I smirked and moved her gun with my hand. "You suck at intimidation, Valdez. Especially for you to be a DEA agent." I teased with a chuckle. She nodded with a smug look on her face. "You should get back down there, your girl's looking for you." She imposed as she glimpsed down below then walked away from me. I grabbed her free hand to stop her from going too far and took a couple of steps closer to her. "I miss you, Valdez." I blatantly admitted. She shook her head 'no'. "I'm not doing this with you, Vynnie- I can't", she insisted. I looked at her sincerely. "What do I gotta do?" I asked. She shook her head 'no' again and pulled her hand away from mine. "Please?" I begged but she wouldn't budge. I kissed her cheek and let her be.

The game continued, I didn't get shot from above anymore. The rest of my team did, but she skipped me. Once the game ended, we found out who won and of course my team lost. Sniper Joe over there took 1st place. We had decided to do one more thing so we all drove together in one car to save gas and mileage. Becca drove, Casey took shotgun, Kev wanted a window seat so damn bad so he took the left. I took the right since Tate would be sitting on my lap. Jenna took the middle. Bad arrangement? Yes. Very much so. As Becca drove, she played all types of music that we were able to vibe to and ignore any existing tension.  Things took a turn when Kissing On My Tattoos by August Alsina started playing. Tate took it upon herself to grind in my lap. Probably to make Jenna jealous. After a few seconds, Jenna asked Casey if they could switch seats which wasn't complicated at all. Kev had been looking at me weirdly, his facial expression told me everything he wanted to say.