Setting the Trap

Everybody had started boarding the flight. Devyn had been running late as usual but Tate had already made it. She found her suite and got comfortable as she awaited her girlfriend. Casey and Becca made it into theirs, Kevin had finally located the pod he was supposed to be in with Jenna. He settled in the suite and realized he wasn't paired with Jenna. Devyn had realized a mistake had been made as well, she got comfortable in her pod, awaiting Tate she thought but it had been Jenna instead. Just as Devyn tried to make the switch, the safety protocols and rules had began. Devyn plopped back down and accepted her current situation as it is. "If your ticket says this suite, where the hell is Devyn?" Tate asked. Kev hesitated a bit, "um, if she has the ticket I was supposed to have then probably with Jenna." Tate rolled her eyes and sat back in her seat with an attitude.

*the suites*                        - DEV'S POV - "Can't believe this shit", I sighed

*the suites*
                        - DEV'S POV -
"Can't believe this shit", I sighed. I didn't even think to look over at Jenna again. I reclined my seat so I could just lay back and relax. "You should be happy to see me, you were last night." Jenna teased. I scoffed at her remark, I'm a fucking idiot for mixing the tickets up. "Jenna, shut up. Please." I requested. She started to respond but decided not to and stayed quiet. I face palmed. I was supposed to be getting some sloppy toppy right now, instead I'm stuck in this suite with Jenna's ass. After about an hour I could hear shuffling in the bed, I looked over and I had seen her trying to get comfortable. "Jenna." I called for her. "Yes, Dev?" She answered. I was hesitant at first but I meant what I was going to say. "I'm sorry for last night, I wasn't thinking straight." I apologized. Silence fell over the pod, I figured she didn't accept my apology so I quickly let the topic die. I thought so anyway. "Vynnie... If- when we were in high school. Would you have dated me?" She asked. I was thrown off, completely. I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean, Valdez?" I asked, sitting up in my seat. She repeated the same question again. "Would you have chose me?", she elaborated. I was stunned. "Uh... I mean. Yea? I - Yea I would've", I confirmed. Silence fell again. Not a word was spoken between us for the next 5 hours and we still had 16 to go. I pulled out my phone and connected to the plane's wifi then checked my text messages. 3 messages from Tate, she probably thinks I'm too busy fucking Jenna to text her back.

Tate: Babe, where are you? Did you make it on?

Tate: I guess Me and Kev are sharing a suite 😂, who did you get?

Tate: You're sharing a suite with her? Did you do that on purpose?

Me: Hey baby, no I didn't switch the tickets on purpose. I'm guessing they got handed to us like this after security.

Tate: 6 hours Dev? It took you 6 whole hours to think about texting your girlfriend?

Me: I literally took a nap, it's not that deep

Tate: Wonder how deep you had to be in her to come up with that sorry ass lie

Me: The hell?

I put my phone away, somewhat bothered by her assumption that I'm not a loyal counterpart. I literally do everything for that girl and she's accusing me of fucking Jenna? I texted her again to see where her head truly was at.