Break Away

"I HAVE OPTIONS!" I couldn't control the words spewing from between my lips, "It's not like we're married, damn. You're really buggin right now."

I decided to take a ride through the city, it always calmed me down. I usually hit the backroads but I decided to take the main roads for some odd reason. As I come to a stop at a red light, I noticed the joint I pre-rolled earlier... yup. I lit that shit and hit it like my life depended on it. A heavily tinted, all black ford  pulled up beside me. Shit.... It's clear what i'm doing. They proceeded to roll their window down, the suspense is killing me. I'm shitting bricks right now, I shouldn't have blew up like that, should've stayed home. The light turns green, I sped off and started floating my whip like it was nobody's business. I hit a couple corners and found my way back to my usual route. Phew... I'm good... SHIT! I'm not good, how the fuck are they even keeping up? I'm done, i'm fucking done, might as well just stop running.

"You could've at least waited literally one second", I heard a voice scoff. What? She must've been having a hard time keeping up, I can't tell though. I look in my side view and HOLY SHIT... I can't believe it! A whopping smile creeps across my face as she walks closer to my car. "Mm, figures. You know I could arrest you? Right here, right now", she teased with one eyebrow raised as she leaned into my car. I chuckled. "You wouldn't", I tested. She picked up her radio and started to report something that I couldn't understand. If I'm being brutally honest, maybe she would take me in... "10-23.. we've got a 10-45 on E Baldwin. I can handle 'em", she radioed. My mouth hung, no fucking way she just snitched on me like that? "Close your mouth sweetheart, you'll catch a fly." She teased, tapping my chin. "Did you legit just report me?!" I questioned. She giggled, "no, you goose. I just told them it was a dead animal and there was no need to send backup. Keep up." I had glared at her before she took the joint from my hand and hit it. Since when did she smoke? "So crazy how you look the exact same", I awed. She giggled a bit. "Get your eyes checked out, Price." She said before walking away.

"Where's the broom?!" Tate yelled from downstairs. I sighed in aggravation. She was the last one to have the broom. "Don't know babe, try the laundry room." I answered back lazily. My phone chimed 3 times in a row so I picked it up from the nightstand beside me and checked to see what I received so many notifications for.

*3 New Text Messages*

Becca: Dev are you busy?!

Kevin: She's always busy, is that even a valid question? 😂

Casey: are we supposed to be meeting up now or at 10? I legit haven't even showered yet...

I'm free, what's up?

Kevin: We're all meeting at The Palace tonight. Ideally, you'll be there.

Idk... maybe.

Becca: it'll be like old times! You have to come plssss 😩

Clubs just aren't my thing anymore

Casey: bc you're too busy sucking Tate's toes

Becca: oop 😅

Kevin: 🌚🌚🌴

         Yk there's thing thing called peer pressure, idk this feels a lot like it 🤨 and I don't suck her toes

Casey: mm.

       I'll be there, you bitches better be happy 🙄