Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The Mystery Unfolds

Angre's pov:

A cold gush of air surrounded me no sooner than I got out of the car. In comparison to the frosty weather in America, the thickly layered coat is nothing. I embraced my arms together with the file containing the new project we were to work on and sped inside the enormous building of VR Co-operation.

As I stepped into the building, I proceeded swiftly past the registration desk and straight ahead, climbing a little staircase that eventually led to a lift. I heaved a sigh when I stopped before the elevator, swiped my identity card in the slot, and entered.

The very thought of announcing our new notion to Vansh sir made my pulse beat faster. He would ultimately feel pleased after hearing this appealing information. We have now received four projects in a row from the previous three months.

My chain of thoughts came to a halt when I heard a small ping from the elevator opening. I was now inside the main office of Vansh sir. I exhaled deeply and knocked on the reflective glass door.

"Come in" I heard a hoarse voice from inside. As per the command, I entered inside only to experience a new cold which had now tensed up my nerves.

Without a doubt, I would describe this man as emotionless. He is entirely enveloped by air conditioning in such a freezing season. Yeah! He seems unlikely to feel anything considering his plain black long-sleeve shirt.

"Boss, the dealings with Bruce Company went profitable. They chose us; The Rai Singhania's to take over with this project. Isn't this great news?"

Although I was delighted, I had to maintain my formal tone before him in order to conceal my joy. As I finished with my words, I kept the project file in front of his desk.

"No" came a short clear reply.

I felt my breath tight in my lungs. The freezing atmosphere is the additional tension that the silence after his single word gave chills down my spine.

My brows furrowed as I stared at the person enjoying the steaming coffee while resting contentedly.

He cannot afford to give up on those millions of dollars, can't he?

With a click on his desk, he kept the mug out of reach, and in an instant, he grabbed the documents and threw it in the trash bin. I let out a loud gasp at his behavior.

Yeah! He's a billionaire and losing millions wouldn't surely cost anything to him but it'll surely affect the reputation of The Rai Singhania's.

"I hate to repeat it again but you're very well aware that I don't want any deals directly associated with The Rai Singhania's" he said maintaining direct contact with me as he spoke in a loud, booming voice that echoed through the cooling, empty space around us.

I shifted my gaze away from him and stared into the void.

"If the offer had solely included VR cooperation, I would have readily accepted it. However, this situation is distinct thus I decline to take on this assignment." I heard him say again. In response to his statement, I nodded in agreement.

I watched him rise up from his place in the chair and slowly made his way toward the aperture window all while holding the coffee mug in his left hand. The bustling metropolis outside caught his attention as he stood before the window.

My attention then shifted to the disposal can where he abandoned the project file. Maybe he'll have a change of heart and agree to take on this task.

I quietly approached the area and took the file from the trash can after having thought about it. I covered the file inside my coat preventing it from getting into contact with him again.