Chapter 13

Chapter 13: U.S Once Again

*continued from the last part*

Angre's pov:

"Boss" I knocked on the tinted black window of the backseat of the car, but I got no response. Probably, Vansh sir appeared to be lost somewhere in his thoughts.

"Boss, we've reached" I slammed on the shield a little harder and louder this time.

A few seconds later, he slid the window, crooked his neck, and lifted up his pained black orbs to face me. He drew his thick yet perfect brows inwards, giving me a questioning look.

"We've reached" I once again called out to him. His orbs darts around the dark surrounding and back at me. I gave him a small smile and reached to open the door for him.

I see him inhaling deeply and maintaining his usual poster and stepped out of the car. I closed the door and stood behind him. I see him, setting up his collar and rolling the sleeves of his shirt but he remained rooted to his place.

He observed his surrounding, thinking something, and lastly step forward, towards the entrance of the building of 'Life Care Hospital' as I followed his footsteps.

It was two days ago when I witnessed his emotional outbreak, he had a sudden urge to meet Riddhima which he had never done in the last two weeks.

At that moment of time, he wanted to visit her but I consoled him not, as he was already not in a suitable state of mind to meet her. And after a lot of disputes on the topic, he agreed to stay back and visit her after two days.

His sudden need to meet Riddhima didn't go well with me. At first, he showed that he dislikes Riddhima and now he wants to see her. I wonder why? His change of behavior these days prevents me to think about something precise.

But it's alright since I also desire to see her.

I hope she's recovering well.

.

.

.

.

Vansh's pov:

"Good evening aunt" I greeted Riddhima's mother, who sat on the bench provided, situated outside Riddhima's room. She looked down at the floor.

I see her knuckles turning white as her fingers fisted on her shawl drape around her shoulder.

Perhaps, she didn't like my presence.

I opened my mouth to say something only to stop hearing her pained voice.

"Why are you here?" she asked, still looking down at the floor, completely ignoring my greetings and coming on point. I gave a pale smile at her.

"I came to meet Riddhi..."

"Don't you dare take my daughter's name from your filthy mouth, Vansh. Go away from here and don't show me your face ever" she snapped, her words laced with pure hatred as her eyes glitters indicating the formation of tears.

I looked down, not able to meet my eyes with her as I feel something pang in my heart greatly. I reminisce the childhood moments I spent with her; she was my second mom.

I feel my eyes burn and blinked quickly to get rid away the sensation, but it just doesn't go. Fuck!!

"Aren't you satisfied with what you did to my daughter? At first, I thought you disliked her in your childhood and your hatred must've reduced towards her in these many years but you proved me wrong, Vansh" I kept silent, as my head pricked in pain. I pursed my lips and fisted my palm tight; enduring the pain piercing my heart.