Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Darkest Nightmare

Riddhima's pov:

Today another fatigue day I survived. The muscles in my body tense up as I struggled to tuck in the bedcover neatly as possible. I just want to lie down and let eat me the slumber. "The Slumber" is my favorite hobby to practice as I could sleep for years; if it could be ever possible.

As I lean down to cover the second last edge of the bed, I found myself curling up automatically on the cool surface of the spongy bed, that to in an inappropriate position. I let out a long sigh before closing my eyes, even I didn't realize them shutting against my will.

"Riddhima......Riddhu.....tell how was he?" I hear my mum whispers something. I wonder what she is saying.

"Who is 'he'?"  I blabbered, my eyes still closed as I scrunch my brows together. I can sense her patience getting out of control.

"How more boring can you be Riddhima? You're good for nothing. Nothing at all" roared out mum. Her sharp words struck harsh in my ears and I jerk open my eyes.

My drowsy eyes narrowed at her countenance. Probably, she was irked seeing my silly antics.

"What is it? And whom are you talking about mum?" I sat up crossing my legs together, tucking the falling strands of hair on my face behind my ear, and placing a pillow on my lap.

"See.......I am so sleepy" I said blinking my eyes rapidly to her.

Juggling between the slumber and being conscious , I made an effort to praise my mum's beautiful features;  long dark pleated hair which hung loosely down to her waist, her black orbs and dark brown complexion is what I actually failed to inherit. I am completely opposition of her.

When I ask why I couldn't inherit her features she says "You're characteristics are of your father" whom I lost in my infant periods.

He left us alone in this lavish mansion. The vast mansion is not owned but owed. My mother works here since I never breathe an air. Indeed, she's one of the oldest as well as most respected among other employees of 'The Rai Singhania's'.

The Rai Singhania's are people for its morals and ethics . They carry strict law invented by their foster fathers which is essential to be followed by today's generation and the associates who have shares in the Rai Singhania business.  They are mainly known for their adamant and commanding nature. Thus, their nature has always made them stand out in the crowd of millions which is irreplaceable.

"Aditya Kapoor. Son of Jay Kapoor" stated out mum, bringing me back to reality. She sat just beside me.

"Did you mean the new client of master's son for whom  we help organize the party today in the mansion?" I asked mum, my eyes fixed at her suspiciously and she nods with shine in her eyes. My mouth hangs open.

"Not again mum" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"What is this behavior Riddhima? I saw that he was looking at you with different emotions every now and then in the party but what you did. You ignored him" she said, a tint of annoyance lacing her tone.

"He's a son of a big businessman. I am not his type even he was not looking at me but Sia" I corrected her out. She felt silent, probably, went into a deep thought and spoke again.

"Whatever is it. Master treats you as his own daughter and I am sure he'll be performing your farewell in the right hands" she looked determined as she broad thinks.