Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Flashback and Past Memories

*Two Weeks Ago*

Vansh's pov:

"RIDDHIMA....." I growled hard at the top of my lungs. My ears deafened on my voice as I feel my throat graze badly which I know will sting like hell later.

I hear my heart throb rapidly inside my ribcage, the sweat trailing down inside my shirt, my hands feel coldly damp, I feel my knees weaken and my mind abruptly goes blank; preventing me to undertake any further actions.

I, with a blank expression, looked toward her lifeless figure lying pitifully on the road.

It was when something from my grip loses and falls down with a clink on the ground took my notice.

I remember it was the medication for Sia which I had been prescribed to buy for her.

I looked down at the scattered pieces and quickly glance back at lifeless Riddhima.

"Fuck, No!" I hissed, clenching my teeth together and simultaneously ruffling my hair.

I felt new energy dawn upon me and found myself running at the fastest pace I could have mastered during the annual racing competition back at the high school. I also remembered being a tough competitor with my opponent.

"No Riddhima. Hell! No" I chanted in my head.

At each pace toward her, I feel something quiver inside me so terribly. My heart throbbed even more with each increasing stride toward her.

My breathing abnormally rose when I just halted before her petite frame bathe in blood. 

Red Blood.

She slept on her stomach, flat, on her pool of blood. I could not see her face.

I let my left knee slump heavily down on the road beside her; making the half-kneeling position and brought my right hand in the air towards her. It surprisingly trembles.

"Rid-dhi-ma..." I whispered. I found my voice crack a little as my vision starts to blur.

I brought my palm to rub away the blurriness whelming my sight. Astonishingly, I found it wet.

The tears?

I shook the thought off my head and once again brought my hands towards her and gently grasping her arms, I twirled her body to face me...

.

.

.

.

*Present*

Vansh's pov:

I snapped and closed my eyes, I feel my jaws tighten and the nails prick in my palm as I fisted my hand tightly, not daring to recall her once again in that dreadful state.

I don't know the specific reason but my heart wrenches at the mere thought of reminiscing about Riddhima together with what occurred two weeks ago.

I admit, admit that I abhor her so much. I distaste her from the first sight, I cursed her for the reason, my parents lacked interest in me and my siblings, and I despised her physical features.

Her features remind me of my loved one I lost 20 years ago. Her brown eyes, jet black thick hair, and the perfect cut of her jawline always made me remind of my lost loved one. I knew she inherited these features from him only.

Her childishness, the kind, and caring nature, doubtless, she inherited from him only. And I was much pleased with that since Riddhima was not transmitted to her genes.

Within a second, I only had to be reminded that it was because of Riddhima that I lost him. This mechanically fills my heart with hatred even more for Riddhima.

Nevertheless, I still never desired her suffering. Her being hurt physically.

"....even if you're dying in the middle of the road and there's no one only I, trust me, I'll sit there and enjoy watching you die..." those words had been spinning in my head causing a terrible pain passing to my heart.

'But I didn't mean it, did I?' I asked myself.

******************************************

The most awaited Chapter 12 is now published.

How was it?

Did you expected Vansh's pov? What are your thoughts on his pov?

Who are 'him' and 'her' referred to by Vansh?

Why Vansh think Riddhima is the cause to lose his loved one?

.

.

.

Highly recommend commenting on your views and thoughts on these 'mystery' like questions.

Some mysteries lie ahead.

(Don't measure the chapter small as there are things that make you live in suspense but be rest assured the chapter will be continued in the next update as Chapter 13.)

Target- 135+ (I am quite overwhelmed seeing your love towards this book as the votes for the previous chapter say all. I believe you all can break the target and unlock the next chapter)

(Precap for the next chapter is the same which I thought to have in this chapter)

A huge pardon for being this much delayed. I believe you've not forgotten the storyline? *fingers crossed* If so, kindly refer back to a few chapters. So, I've got 60+ followers to whom I am very much grateful.

Thanks once again to my readers and views for bearing with me patiently.

Seeing you once again, perhaps with a late update. Till then, stay safe, take care, and goodbye...

Signing off

alina anonymous.......