Chapter 15

Chapter 15: The Disability

*Continued from the last part*

Riddhima's pov:

"Riddhima? My child. Are you fine? It's a nightmare dear. Wake up" I hear my mum's anxious tone ring close to my ears; the lights were probably switched on by now.

Feeling her presence beside me, I cling to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. My eyelids shut tightly, my eyelashes feel moist and my breathing abnormally rose.

"It's nothing my child" consoled mum in her sweet voice, rubbing her palm on my hair down to my back. I was shivering a little.

Mum detached me from her when I calmed down, still rubbing my head. I ever so slowly open my eyes and quickly mopped the tears at the back of my palm and sniffed.

"I was terrified when I heard you scream. What was the nightmare? What did you see dear?" her tone lacing concern and anxiousness. I don't have the audacity to look up at her and answer her query.

I clutch the mattress tight under my palm as I recalled that horrendous dream. At once, I started feeling hot and I feel sweat beads trickle down my back.

For a brief second, my mind terminated the ability to think something straight and I wondered if all that I saw was happening in reality. I gulped a bitter lump stuck in my throat.

"Riddhima? Where are you lost? At least say something" mum shook me up, breaking the sinful thoughts creeping into my head. I gazed at her promptly.

Her black eyes layered with concern and care and the slumber was deprived of her face. Oh! I mentally slapped myself for disrupting her sleep. Yet I didn't intend to do that.

"Huh! I...I saw some...someone was strangling me when I was asleep. I attempted to call for help but... no one was there..." I lied.

What else I could have said? Mum would have given me an unbelievable look if I narrated what I saw; Vansh trying to molest me. What does it even mean?

Mum left a deep sigh as if she had held onto her breath. She quickly got hold of the pitcher to fetch me a glass of water, alas, the jug was empty.

She gave me a monotonous look and said "I'll be back soon," getting off the bed.

I nodded at her.

.

.

.

Soon after I slid open my bedroom window, a crisp chilly breeze swept across my stifled spirit. As the frostiness creeps up my skin, I close my eyes and experience an increase in goosebumps. I took a long sigh, letting the lump in my throat relax, and slowly opened my eyes. I gazed in silence as I admired the early morning sunrise; calling it another day.

"Riddhima?" I heard my mother's voice close to my eardrum. I delicately twirl around to face her.

"Hmm..." I hummed at her and smiled the sorrow away from my face. Her those black old eyes demanded the answer to the façade smile I put on to hide away the miseries.

"You woke so early?" she asked, narrowing her eyes sharply at me. I shook my head. She attentively studied me, sounding a little concerned about why I was awake this early in the morning. It was 5.25.

"I don't feel sleepy anymore..."

"Is it because of the nightmare?" she asked quickly interrupting me in between, again sounding worried.

I took a deep sigh and shook my head negatively.

"Okay, if you're awake then let me warm the water and make you bathe," she said heading towards the bathroom.

"I...I'll manage" I stated loudly, my fingers fidgeting with the side of my dress.

I saw her halt on her track and slowly twirl around to look at me. I purse my lips inwards and later pass her a nervous smile.

"I said, I'll manage" I repeated again.

"But..."

"Don't make me bathe today mum. Whenever you do so, I feel myself disabled. I feel helpless. Please mum" I pleaded out at her, the tears already glistening in my pupils.

Mum looked at me for a while and shook her head. I beamed at her.

"Call me if you need something. I'll be there" she said and I assured her nodding my head. I left a sigh seeing her exiting the room.

My gaze falls down to my disability and a pale chuckle escaped my lips. Then later alter my sight to a pair of crutches that rested beside me on the window frame.

A lone tear silently rolls down my eyes.

.

.

.

to be continued...

*****************************************************************

Chapter 15 of 'SOH' is updated...

Any idea what is Riddhima's disability? 

.

.

This is the first half of chapter 15 and other half will be continued in chapter 16...Since most of you wanted the chapter even it has been so long since I last updated it, I thought to publish this chapter at last...

Target 145+ (Since this chapter is not completed, the target will remain the same as the  previous part)

*edited* complete the target soon.. a few more to go...

Enjoy this chapter...till then see you soon. Stay safe, take care, and goodbye...

Signing off

alina anonymous.......