Rain, rain, go away

It was going to be awkward trying to be friends with Cecilia after what happened, but I want it to work.

"I brought my bathing suit this time" I laughed as I pulled my shirt over my head.

"Nice" she smiled.

I couln't believe that Alex bailed on our date either, but I didn't know how Cecilia would react if I told her to go.

She stuck her foot in the water.

"It's pretty warm" she said before sliding the rest of her body in.

I took the opportunity while she was under the water to sneak up behind her and jump in as she surfaced.

"Aah!" she smiled, wiping the water from her eyes. She turned around and grabbed me by my shoulders pushing my head under the water.

We both laughed as we played around.

Tired, we both climbed out of the water and threw ourselves down on the ground.

"So can I ask you a question Julia?"

I rolled over onto my back from my stomach.

"Sure"

"Why my brother? Why Alex?" she asked as she sat up.

I knew this was coming.

"He asked me here and I said yes"

"Why?"

"I don't know, he's kinda cute I guess"

I couldn't read Cecilia's expression until she rolled her eyes and threw herself back on the ground.

"If you don't want me to see him--"

"Of course I don't want to see you with him!" she yelled.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just thought after you said that we were going to 'forget it even happened', that we were starting over."

"Starting over? Forgetting it ever happened? What are you talking about?" she looked at me curiously.

"The note! The one I ate! You said we would forget it ever happened!"

How could she have forgotten that?

She put her face in her hands and shook her head. I heard her say something muffled by her hands.

"What?"

"I said I meant the fight. I meant forget about the fight we had." she looked up at me.

OMG.

I sat there for a moment in stunned silence.

"Julia, I have never felt this way about anyone in my life. I don't know how to act, and I don't want to have these feelings but I do!" she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

I didn't know what to say.

"Say something" she said.

"Cecilia, I--"

"Please Julia" she put her hand over mine.

I felt something I couldn't describe. Instead of butterflies in my stomach, it felt like they were fluttering through my veins.

"I--" I was cut off by a loud roar of thunder. Had we been paying attention we would have noticed the nasty clouds above our heads.

"I think its going to rain" I stated the obvious.

We jumped up and grabbed our clothes.

"Follow me, I know where we can go until Alex gets back."

I followed her as we ran against the rain that was now beating against our faces. I could barely see.

I heard Cecilia let out a yelp as she tumbled over a rock and fell face first into the ground, and being on her tail I soon followed.

Despite our scrapes we couldn't help but laugh at ourselves as we lay there with the rain pouring on us.

I don't know what came over me, but before I knew it I found myself on top of Cecilia with our lips pressed together. It must have been the rain that made her lips look so sweet. I wanted them.

She wrapped her arms tightly around me and pulled me closer and I slid my hand into her tangled hair as our kiss became more intense. I loved the feeling of her body against mine, and I couldn't lie to myself any longer.

She pulled away and looked down towards her feet.

"What is th--Oh my God Julia, your knee!"

I glanced down to see that my knee was bleeding more than just a little bit.

"Come on" she helped me up.

We walked to what looked like a cabin back in the woods. It felt good to get out of the rain.

"How did that happen?" she asked, ripping up a shirt she found.

"I'm not sure, I must've hit the rock you tripped on"

Cecilia bent to my knee.

"Oww!" I whined as she poured peroxide over it.

"Hold still!"

She dabbed it with the shirt.

"It's not that bad, it just bled quite a bit" she assured me. "Let me see if there is a bandage in the first aid kit.

I look down at my little scratch that had been causing all the trouble. It was such a tiny scratch for that much blood.

Cecilia returned with a bandage and wrapped it around my knee.

"There" she stood up, "I think you'll live, I don't know what I would do if you didn't" she grinned and wrapped her arms around me.

 I liked the feeling of her warm, soft skin around me. This felt right.

"CECILIA! ABBY!" I heard someone yelling from outside.

"CECILIA WHERE ARE YOU?"

Cecilia stepped out onto the porch.

"OVER HERE"

It was Alex.

He stumbled in dripping wet and out of breath.

"Oh my God" he was bent over with his hands on his knees.

"What? What's wrong?" Cecilia asked.

"Raymond called me. He said that there was a girl's body found. Across the lake. I got scared when I couldn't find you guys."

Cecilia and I looked at each other, wondering who it could be.