Hijacked

I wasn't really sure if my nausea was from what Danielle had just said or the piece of paper hanging out in my stomach.

I can't believe that Ben would say that. Wait, yes I can. I can't believe that Danielle would actually believe it though!

She seemed like such a nice girl, I hope she doesn't have to find out the truth the hard way.

I seen her talking in Ben's ear and both of them looking over at me.

The rest of the day went smoothly, Cecilia and I even had a casual conversation about our favorite movies during gym class. I had almost forgotten about my date this evening.

I rushed home right after school to try and throw an outfit together.

As the clock neared five-thirty I finally decided on a black off the shoulder top and a jean mini skirt.  This time I wore my bathing suit underneath my clothes just in case a swim was suggested.

Sliding my feet in my flip-flops, I headed out the door and planted myself on my front steps.

I pulled out my cell phone so that I could pretend to be texting if Alex pulled up. I didn't want to look like I had been waiting just for him.

His car rounded the corner around five forty-seven.

"You look nice" he gave me a smile as I sat down in his car.

"Thanks" I pulled the door closed.

The scenery on the way to the lake was familiar.

We parked at the edge of the wood and Alex opened the door for me before we headed for the trail.

Alex grabbed my hand midway down the path. I felt myself blushing, but couldn't help smiling.

"So how do you like it here so far Abby?" he tried to start a conversation.

"It's definately different from my old town" I smiled as our hands swayed back and forth.

"I bet you left alot of broken hearts behind" he grinned.

"No, quite the opposite actually" I laughed.

"Whaaat? I bet you had guys all over you"

"No, I really just kinda kept to myself"

"But you have had a boyfriend before, right?"

"Well, there was this guy in my chemistry class who was my lab partner and--"

I seen Alex looking at me curiously.

"Ok, no." I admitted, looking down at my feet.

"Really? Never" he looked surprised.

"Yes. I have really never had a boyfriend" how embarrassing.

"Don't be embarrassed, it's kind of cute" he gave me a reassuring smile.

The wind was picking up as we walked passed the fire pit and towards the lake.

I could barely control the butterflies in my stomach.

Alex sat down in a sandy spot close to the edge. I didn't know how close I should sit to him so I stood.

He looked at me and gave me a laugh before wrapping his arms around my legs and pulling me down onto his lap.

I giggled.

He wrapped his arms around me again as we looked out onto the lake. The butterflies were going crazy.

"Do you like to swim?" he asked in my ear.

"Sometimes, today doesn't seem like a good day for swimming though" I looked up to the clouds forming overhead.  I frowned at the thought of our date being cut short.

"Maybe you are right," he smiled.

He slid his hand up my arm and to the side of my face pulling me towards him before pressing his lips against mine.

That was unexpected.

I opened my mouth to let his tongue in. This kiss was much different than the other.

He wasn't forcing me to do anything that I didn't want to do, the other kiss was just so much softer and more gentle.  This kiss had an agenda.

"Hey guys" I looked up to see Cecilia standing over us.

"What are you doing here?" Alex took the words right out of my mouth.

"I was just in the mood for a swim, didn't realize that I would be interrupting anything" she said. I could hear the underlying sarcasm in her voice.

"Well, you kind of are, so why don't you just--"

I cut Alex off.

"No, you aren't interrupting anything, we were just about to go swimming ourselves, weren't we Alex?" I smiled.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"You know, I forgot there was something I had to do real quick, why don't I just let you guys swim and when I get back we'll pick up where we left off?"

"Ok, sounds fine" I told him.

"See you in a few" he walked over and kissed me on the cheek.

I looked over to Cecilia who was grinning victoriously.

"Shall we?" she said.