The Party

I headed to the cafeteria trying to elude the Amanda's when someone bumped into me.

"Hey Abby, how's it going?" It was Ben.  I was relieved when I realized it wasn't Amanda.

"Oh, fine, thanks for asking," I smiled.

"Do you have already have reservations for lunch?" he asked.

"Huh? Uh, no," I flushed.

"Good. You can eat with me then," he put his arm uncomfortably around me. For a geek this guy sure was confident.

 I noticed people were beginning to stare and whisper when we sat down in the cafeteria.

"So, Ben, uh, what do you do for fun?" I tried to break the awkward silence.

"Look at pretty girls," he smiled mysteriously.

I could feel myself turning pink again.

"Anything else?" I asked.

I looked over and seen Celia and my crush walking to a table across from us.

Ben  noticed me looking and rolled his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Celia and Alex...they are nothing but trouble." he said.

"How so?" I almost whispered.

"Well their mother is an alcoholic and their dad left when they were young. They don't have anyone to answer to and take full advantage of it." he huffed.

"Wait, they are brother and sister?" I asked, feeling my heart skip a beat.

"Yeah. You can tell too. She's a slut and he likes to make girls cry. They are both bad news."

I frowned.

"What?" he laughed, "has he already tried to come on to you?"

"No, no, I've never even talked to him," I tried to redeem myself.

"Well you should keep it that way, just a fair warning." he said.

I could feel myself dying a little inside. The rest of our lunch was silent.

My next class was gym, conveniently after lunch. That should be against the law. I was lucky yesterday since I didn't have a uniform but today I had to participate. At least it wasn't co-ed.

I walked into the locker room into a pack of girls undressing in front of each other like it was no big deal, but it was to me. I didn't feel comfortable giving everyone something else to analyze, so I walked into one of the two cramped bathroom stalls and closed the door, which didn't have a lock on it. It was cold on my butt leaning against it as I took off my shirt to keep it closed. I was  walking back out into the crowd that didn't seem to notice I was there when an arm stretched out blocking my path.

"Wow, we just keep getting to spend more and more time together," Julia smirked, sporting her gym uniform. She wasn't here yesterday, how did this happen?

"Yeah, I didn't know you had this gym," I said nervously.

"I ditched yesterday, but I'm all yours today," she smiled deviously. She still hadn't taken her arm down.

"You look cute in shorts Julia, you have nice legs," she winked as she lowered her arm to let me pass.

"Thanks," was all I could come up with. She must enjoy making me feel uncomfortable.

Gym class was a sweat-fest, but luckily Celia was with her friends instead of bothering me. Afterwards everyone made their way back to the locker room and some were grabbing up their bags to take showers. I didn't really want to take one. Yeah, I was sweaty and nasty but I don't have much longer left in the day and I would just assume to take one at home. But would people think I was nasty? Probably so, because I am.