Chapter 16: Suprise

I woke up to a note on my bedside table.
"Go to the place where you won the game." It said in bold letters.

What game? I wondered if maybe it meant the game of life we played last night so after I got dressed I went to Mattheos dorm, no note.

The door from the bathroom opened. Lorenzo was dressed like a butler and he looked... ridiculous to say the least.

"Lorenzo why do you look like that?"

"It'll all make sense eventually. Are you struggling with the riddle M'lady?"

I decided to go along with whatever this was.

"Yes, can I have a hint?"

"The place where you both finally gave in."

It hit me, astronomy tower.

I found another note, this time instructing me to go to where I spend my time being a nerd.

"That fucker. He wants me to go to the library."

I went to the library and had no idea where to look, so I looked for my favorite book on a hunch, and there was another.

'Lastly, go to a place where you can see another you and me.'

There were only so many places I could think of, too many mirrors so I thought of water, the Black Lake.

As I walked there, I could see something in the distance, a willow tree. I walked up to it expecting Mattheo or Pansy but just a box there. I opened it and there was another note. It said, 'turn around'.

As I turned I was greeted by a picnic blanket with all my favorite snacks and food. And my favorite person, Mattheo.

"Mattheo Marvolo Riddle. What is this?"

He smirked and kissed me.

"Our first official date. As an official couple. I felt bad that we haven't had one so I thought it would be nice."

"Mattheo you are amazing. But never ever make Enzo dress up like that again, I almost peed my pants laughing at him so hard."

He smirked and grabbed some cake that read in swirly red letters, 'Y/n+Mattheo.'

"Y/n I want to ask you something but I don't want you to overthink it to much, whatever you say I will respect. Would you go to the Yule ball with me? I know it's not for a while but I wanted to ask you before someone else tried too-."

I leaped into his lap and smashed my lips on his. The Mattheo other people knew wasn't this one. This was the one I loved, the one who made an entire scavenger hunt with notes, will stay up all night to watch All The Boys I've Loved Before, and the one taking me to the Yule Ball.

He smirked and broke the kiss while cupping my cheek.

"I'm going to assume that's a yes darling."

I nodded and grabbed a small piece of cake, smashing it into his face by surprise.

With a grin on my face and cake covered hands I whispered, "I love you Mattheo Riddle. More than I love myself."

"I love you too Y/n Malfoy. More than all the stars combined."

He cleaned his face with a napkin and we dug in. Even though we sat there for a while just talking about eachother, it was one of the most intimate things we could have done.

I learned his favorite things.
Color, Dark Green.
Number, 32.
Hobby, Drawing surprisingly.
Food, Mac n cheese.
Drink, Coca Cola, specifically in a bottle.
Song, People Watching.
Candy, sour gummy worms.
There was so much that I learned, and that he learned about me.

By the time we stopped talking, we realized the sunset was starting. He walked me back to my dorm and held my hand the entire way there. Stares came our way from all sides of the courtyard.

I whispered next to him,

"Are you sure this is what you want? I know that it might make you uncomfortable and I would never-"

As soon I felt like letting go so the stares would stop, he kissed me in front of everyone in the courtyard. In that moment I didn't care, I was just happy I finally got to be his, and only his darling.

By the time we got to my dorm, there was a piece of heaven that had made its way to me, and after a kiss goodbye, I shut the door and slept knowing every fiber of my being was glowing beautifully, and that I never wanted it to stop.