Chapter 3: Stars

I went up to the astronomy tower and looked at the stars. It was quiet, cold, fresh. I wanted to forget everything that just happened.

I know he would get mad, sure, I mean its Blaise. But choking me till I almost passed out, that was some messed up shit. I needed to be alone.

Even if I enjoyed not being choked to death, I still hope Blaise is not lying on his dorm floor dead. He probably wasn't, but Mattheo Riddle is the son of a psychopath. Who knows what he would do. My question is why though, why help me?

As I started to close my eyes, I smelt smoke behind me.

I looked, and Mattheo Riddle stood behind me, smoking a cigarette. I stopped breathing for a long second, surprised by the person I was staring at.

He didn't have any blood on him, that was reassuring, but he could've cleaned himself off. I looked at him, his tall and confident stance, his jawline... not that its important, just obvious.

"If you keep undressing me with your eyes y/n, I'm going to get a cold." He chuckled and blew out smoke.

My eyes widened and I looked away. I heard footsteps, as they came closer, my heart rate got faster. I stood up and turned around only to meet his face inches away from mine.

If I'm being completely honest, I always had this feeling, whether it be a feeling in my brain, or the one between my legs that made me attracted to him. But he's crazy, a sociopath, I mean for gods sake he just beat the hell out of Blaise, and yet that didn't stop me from looking at his soft lips and curly hair.

I realized that there was barely inches between us and stepped back.

I uttered "Smoking can kill you."

I grabbed it out of his hand and walked to the balcony. Then took a puff myself.

He walked up beside me.

He faked a gasped and shouted "Wow, Y/n Malfoy, a hypocrite, impossible!"

I muttered, "Why does my brother have to be friends with you, your an annoying idiot who doesn't know how to do a simple charm."

He turned toward me and took his cigarette back.

"To be clear Y/n, I'm at the top of our class. You need to watch your tongue. Also stop worrying about Blaise."

I turned my head and asked,

"How did you know I was worried about Blaise?"

He took another puff and pointed at my fingers. I was playing with my ring and I didn't even realize it.

"You play with your rings when your nervous, you also look at the stars when you need a second, you think they are quiet."

I was baffled.

"How did you know all that about me?"

"I grew up with you for years. Also I notice everything around me. Like when He kissed Cho Chang right before you came over to go to his dorm, or when you were playing with your ring at the bar.

"I-what?"

"Whenever your parents fought, when you were a kid, or when they hurt eachother, you went out to watch the stars. I was with Draco, having sleepovers and hanging out, but I was still watching you, making sure you were ok.

As he tried to speak more, I pulled him in by his tie and kissed him. It was deep and passionate, something I had never felt before. To my surprise, he kissed back. I didn't say a word and walked out of the astronomy tower to my dorm, wondering what the hell I had just done.