Poison

February moved toward March with no change in the weather except that it became windy as well as wet. To general indignation, a sign went up on all common room notice boards that the next trip into Hogsmeade had been canceled. Ron was furious. "It was on my birthday!" he said. "I was looking forward to that!" Ron complained once Slughorn left the classroom to use the restroom.

"Not a big surprise, though, is it?" said Harry. "Not after what happened to Katie." She had still not returned from St. Mungo's. What was more, further disappearances had been reported in the Daily Prophet, including several relatives of students at Hogwarts. 

"But now all I've got to look forward to is stupid Apparition!" said Ron grumpily. "Big birthday treat . . ."

"Apparation isn't that bad," Hermione said, "it's very important to our futures. We can use it for work, shopping, travel, anything we need to get around."

"You only say that because you have (Y/N) to teach you," Ron grumbled.

"Where is he?" Harry asked.

"Dumbledore," Hermione answered, pouring her completed potion into a curly vial. She set the vial next to her books and began working on the next step.

"Why don't we make Vivariums for people to hide in?" (Y/N) asked, pulling his head out of the pensieve.

"What does that have to do with the memory I showed you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Nothing. I was voicing a question."

"But what do you think about it?"

"I don't think anything. It was meaningless."

"That is a confession from a Death Eater," Rufus Scrimgeour spat.

"No, it was a Death Eater babbling in a cell in Azkaban. I'm not going to go to a shitty country like France because an insane woman drooled out some crap that happened last war. Goodbye, Minister, Dumbledore," (Y/N) said before leaving. The long talk with the Minister of Magic and Dumbledore had lasted all day. Halfway back to his room, (Y/N) bumped into Harry and Ron. "What are you two doing?"

"I'm in love," Ron cooed, staring off into space. (Y/N) looked between the two.

"Gross."

"Not like that," Harry sighed. "I think he's had a love potion. I'm taking him to Professor Slughorn."

"I suppose I'll help you get him there."

"Aren't you required to?" (Y/N) held up a hand.

"I'd much rather be in my room with Hermione right now. I don't really care what I'm required to do, but I do want to watch you manipulate Slughorn."

(Y/N) led Harry and Ron to Slughron's room in the Dungeons and knocked. "I'm sorry, sir, I wouldn't bother you if it weren't absolutely essential," Harry began when Slughorn opened the door.

"What's going on? Where's Romilda?" Ron asked.

"What's the matter with Whambey?" Slughorn asked.

"He's swallowed a love potion, sir," Harry explained.

"I'd have thought you could have whipped him up a remedy, Harry, an expert potioneer like you?" asked Slughorn.

"Er," said Harry, somewhat distracted by the fact that Ron was now elbowing him in the ribs in an attempt to force his way into the room, "well, I've never mixed an antidote for a love potion,
sir, and by the time I get it right, Ron might've done something serious —" Helpfully, Ron chose this moment to moan,