Weasley is Our King

It had been two weeks since the first meeting of the D.A., and the meetings were incredibly hard to schedule. (Y/N) and Hermione had been staying in the Gryffindor common room since Hermione figured out how willing Harry was to lend her his invisibility cloak. "Hey, (Y/N)?" Hermione asked, looking at the blank space next to her.

"It's five in the morning," the empty space replied. Hermione poked her head out of the scarlet drapes around her four-poster.

"No one is up," Hermione said. "Thank you for agreeing to this. The dungeons are just so cold."

"I like the cold," (Y/N) said flatly. The blank area next to Hermione warped, so the faintly sunken area was 'facing' her. "Is that all you wanted?" Hermione shuddered at the cold breath on her ear.

"Well, what did you do before you came here?"

"School."

"That can't be it. I'll do whatever you ask me to next."

"You already have to. I'm just really lazy with punishments."

"I won't argue or question it." After a minute of silence, (Y/N) finally replied,

"I worked for M.A.C.U.S.A. and the Ministry of Magic," (Y/N) said quietly. Hermione rolled over, so they were face-to-face, even if (Y/N) was invisible. "They'd send me to fight different monsters and dark wizards or witches. It was awful but paid incredibly well."

"Why would they pick you? There are plenty of Aurors."

"I didn't question them, and I was very inconspicuous. No one would suspect a fourteen-year-old of being a threat. I did that for three years, only stopping when Dumbledore asked me to come here."

"Did you ever kill anyone?"

"Not a person, but I killed a lot of monsters."

"Monsters like what?"

"I killed a Dullahan in Manchester, New Hampshire. That thing haunted my dreams for the month it took me to kill it."

"Is that what you fear the most?"

"No, I got over it after burning it and its head."

"I don't mean to sound rude, but are you any closer to figuring out if you can free me?"

"Misty's looking into it."

"Have you thought about freeing her?"

"Misty belongs to Maia, so Maia needs to be the one to free her."

"Have you told Maia?"

"Yes. You can remind her next weekend."

"Can I not go to Malfoy Manor again? Your parents were horrible to me."

"I'll think about it. My father has too much sway in the Ministry right now. If you don't come and I don't have a good excuse, he'll have the Ministry watch us more than they already do, and they'll figure out that I'm doing basically nothing apart from teaching you the commands and worrying about what they're going to do to Maia if they find out." A creaking across the room kept Hermione from asking any more questions.

"Who are you talking to?" Lavender Brown whispered.

"Oh, um, just myself. I have a little homework to get done," Hermione replied in what she and (Y/N) hoped was a convincing tone.

"All you do is homework. The least you can do is sleep at night," the slightly annoyed voice replied. (Y/N) and Hermione quietly fell back to sleep.