Just Like the Pilgrims Intended

ELIJAH'S POV:

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, still deciding whether or not to go to my sister's house. I went to my sister's house to check on everyone.

"What's with everyone?" I asked.

"Monica is depressed. It says that it's here that it's hereditary," Debbie said and I looked at Fiona to give me an explanation.

"Monica is manic. She's laid up in the bed in Frank's bed at the moment," Fiona explained.

"I think I'm depressed," I hear Debbie say.

"You're not depressed. It's your first time seeing Monica in this state," I tell Debbie.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" Fiona asked.

"Don't know yet. Guadalupe's family is going out of town, so we're still deciding on whether or not we're staying home," I answered.

"Is Lip coming to Thanksgiving?" Debbie asked.

"I don't know. Why?" Fiona asked.

"He's probably depressed. You know, since Fiona kicked him out," Debbie said.

"Fiona didn't kick him out. He chose to leave after Fiona gave him a choice of whether or not he should go back to school," I say before Debbie and Carl go out back.

"What's with all this stuff?" I asked, looking at the counter,

"All the stuff that Grammy bought them. I'm taking them to the pawnshop to get some money back that Monica spent on the squirrel fund," Fiona answered.

Soon, Frank walked.

"What are you doing?" I asked Frank, as he was going upstairs.

"Getting your mother in a better mood," Frank said.

"She needs to be on her meds," I said.

"She doesn't need to be on her medication, she just needs to snap out of it," Frank said.

"Don't go bothering her. She just needs to be on her meds," Fiona said.

Frank just ignored us and went upstairs. Soon enough, Frank is coming down the stairs and is dragging Monica.

"I'm leaving, I'll let you know if I'm coming tomorrow. Are you going through the front door or the back?" I asked.

"The back," Frank answered.

I opened the back door and I closed it when Frank made it down the stairs.

"I hate when we fight. We need to be together and raise these kids," Fiona said.

"We may not agree on everything, but you're right. And I'm sorry that Monica burned and that I didn't completely understand how you were feeling when you believed that Monica was getting better," I say.

"You were right to be angry at Monica for coming and at me for believing that Monica got better. It took Monica crashing the car with Carl in it and her taking the squirrel fund to make me open my eyes. I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you when you told me not Monica when she said that she was getting better," Fiona said.

"Don't apologize for wanting to believe that she was getting better. Between the both of us, I got the worst end of how bad Frank and Monica can get. Because of that, I have hated them and I never will get close to them, that bridge between them has crossed and I don't have any interest in getting close to them. Between the both of us, you were the only one that has a small part that cared for them, and you don't have to apologize to me or anyone in this family for how you feel," I tell her, before walking away.