08| The Dinner Table.

"You know what I'm thinking, see it in your eyes You hate that you want mehate it when you cry

see it in your eyes
You hate that you want me
hate it when you cry."

I stared at the gate of my grandmother's mansion with furrowed eyebrows

"Don't stress too much, cherry. She just wants to have dinner, nothing else." He said closing the car door.

"You shut the fuck up, It all happened because of you. Who asked you to walk out of the bedroom huh?" I spoke with gritted teeth.

"I thought you were feeling sick again."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself down.

It's been a day since Dadi visited my apartment and saw Aarav. She didn't say anything when Aarav came out of the bedroom, I expected her to shout or give us a lecture on how careless we are or how important maintaining reputation is in our society, but she just stared at us and then said to me "Dinner, Tomorrow. Bring your boyfriend." and left.

He is telling me to stop stressing but I know something is cooking in my grandmother's mind.

Come on, I know her.

"I think we should go back." I murmured nervously when we stood right in front of the mansion door.

"I am here, cherry. Nothing will happen." He interlocked our fingers and pressed the bell.

I glanced at our intertwined hands and looked back at the door and waited for it to open.

Aunt Leila, my grandmother's oldest servant opened the door and greeted us.

I greeted her back and Aarav just nodded.

"You guys sit here, ma'am will be here soon." She said as soon as we entered the hall.

"Thank you, Leila." I smiled at her and sat on the couch.

"I don't like this vibe. something bad is about to happen." I blurted out when Aunt Leila left.

"Here, look at me." He cupped my cheek and looked into my eyes.

"Kitna sochti ho yaar? Mai hoon na? Kuch nahi hoga." He assured caressing my cheeks.