Chapter 25 - Pastry Drama

Tiffany's PoV

    I walked on the sidewalk towards my new favorite pastry shop when I came across James, Lucia's big brother.

    "Hey, James. Are you here to buy the pastry from this shop too?" James was surprised to see me.

    "Yea. Nicole said she wanted to try the baguette from this shop. I don't know the difference, but she knows if I bought it from a different shop." Yikes.

    "So you decided to leave your girlfriend and take care of Nicole?" James nodded his head.

    "It's the right choice and the only choice. Nicole is pregnant because of me, and I should be a man and take responsibility." I smiled.

    "Good choice." James smiled back.

    "There seems to be a long line for a pastry shop. And I have to go back to the factory soon too. Maybe I should come back tomorrow." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

    "Isn't it better to make a pregnant lady happy? Don't worry about your work. Just fulfill her wishes." James nodded as he went to stand in line. I followed suit and stood behind him.

    I sent a text to Lia and asked her a favor.

    "You don't have to worry about work." I patted James's back.

    "Thank you. You did something again, huh? Sometimes I wonder if you are secretly running this country. It seems everyone is afraid of you." I laughed it off.

    "That's a lie. Your sister does not afraid of me. She even goes as far as making fun of how I enjoy my time. I have a hobby of listening to opera songs while I'm relaxing. And she called me old." James chuckled.

    "That's Lucy for you- she's too straightforward, and sometimes it's getting out of hand. Please forgive her." I waved my hands-off.

    "You shouldn't apologize to your sister. Besides, I like it. It's a new experience for me." James was about to say something when a group of women walked past the line and demanded to enter the shop while it was at its peak time. We watched the whole scene, and suddenly James turned to me.

    "You're like the most important people in the world, and you're standing in line like the rest of us. Why can't they?" I laughed.

    "Because we respect one another. What's the difference between waiting in line? If it's your luck, you could get the things you wanted just like everyone else. Their parents probably didn't have time to teach them manners when they grow up." I said loud enough for everyone to hear. The ladies from earlier noticed me and gave me the eye.

    "Hey- they heard you." James seems worried.

    "Should I be scared of them?" James shakes his head no.

    "No- but they will give you trouble if they decided to " it was too late for James to say anything when the ladies walked up to me.

    "Are you saying that our parents didn't teach us manners? How dare you! Do you know who I am?" I shake my head no.

    "Should I? I mean, you don't look like someone whom I should be aware of. I never heard of your name nor seen your face before." I look at the ladies from head to toe.

    "You don't look important at all." The ladies took their phones out and started taking videos of me.

    "Are you live-streaming?" James asked.

    "Yes! I want my followers to know that this old woman is being a Karen!" Excuse me?! Me? A Karen?! How are they!

    "A Karen? Me? If I have to say something, you guys decided to cut the line and demand the workers to take your orders first. What makes you think it's right for you to do such things? Because you're rich and famous?" I crossed my hands.

    "I think that's enough reason to do whatever we want." I scoffed.

    "And you think your followers will support you even after acting like a total bitch? You all should grow up and start making your living." I tried to ignore the ladies and stand in my line. Should I ask someone to take care of them?

    But they're young and stupid. Should I be the bigger person and teach them a lesson or two?

    "Girls, do you know who I am?" The ladies look at each other before laughing at me.

    "What? Some cleaner? By looking at what you're wearing, you must be someone who works picking up rubbish on the streets." I bought these because it's comfortable. It's not a designer, but someone. All you need is comfort.

    "Should I say hi to your followers?" I waved at the camera and started to introduce myself.

    "My name is Tiffany Iscariot, and these ladies just called me a Karen because I called them out for cutting the line. I was waiting in line as everybody does, and these ladies thought they could do whatever they wanted and cut the line. So what should I do? Should I let them do whatever they want? Of course not!" the girls' phones started to ring immediately.

    At first, they seem happy, but it soon turns gloomy as they continue to talk on the phone.

    "Who are you?" Asked one of the ladies.

    "I am your parents' worst nightmare." I smiled before they started to apologize.

    "What's the point of apologizing? You're going to do it again even after what happened. There's only one way for you all to be a better people. And that is showing you how scary money can make you feel." I waved at the camera before winking at the people watching the live stream.

    "Tiffany, what are you going to do?" I smiled.

    "I was just bluffing," I whispered. Sometimes the best lesson is to keep them guessing what will happen to them.

    "So you're going to leave them be?" I nodded.

    "Wouldn't that be a great lesson for bullies like them?" James chuckled while shaking his head.

    "You are one sick person." I never said I was a kind person. I just acted the way others treated me. And that sir is enough reason for me to punish these young ladies.

  LATER THAT DAY,

  I went back to my office, and everyone seemed to be looking at me as if I had done something wrong.

  "Why is everyone looking at me?" I asked no one in particular while enjoying my pastry. In honesty, I never thought I'll be eating something at lunch today, but somehow I feel hungry and in need of any food to make my stomach stop growling.

  "Miss?! You're back. We saw the live stream. You nailed it in teaching those ladies a lesson or two. The ladies at the pastry stop are famous for being an overbearing heiress that only cares about themselves. And those ladies would not stop until people begged them to stop. I must say they have found a worthy opponent." I smiled.

  "I was only telling the truth. Anyone shouldn't use their parents' influence on others. It's pathetic and makes you look like a fool." The staff continued to praise me for my action until I went to the elevator. On my way up to my office, I received a text from Lucia, and she, too, saw the live stream.

  Why is everyone watching the stream? Even Lia did. Am I in trouble if my mother watches it too? When the elevator door opened, I noticed my brother and Yuna were waiting for me in the waiting area.

  "Oh- what are you guys doing here?" I asked before taking another bite from my croissant.

  "We were in the area, and we saw the live stream. You're white famous now, sister." Thomas chuckled as Yuna showed an article about me. Wow- the tabloids do use their time and produce an article about me already.

  "Well, I did show those ladies how scary the power of money is. Having a lot has its perks, but it doesn't mean without it, you can't be happy. It's like a give-and-fake relationship. Anyway, tell me why you're here." Thomas smiled.

  "I heard what you did to Yuna's ex. I didn't expect that you would reveal a lot of his misdeeds and end up in the police's hands. How did you do it, sister?" So they're here because of that? They could tell me to come home.

  "Having someone else information is not a big deal for me. If I know the right people, I could even be the president of this country, but I won't. It's too much work." Thomas turned to Yuna and said,

  "Sister, we went to a bridal shop to find the perfect attire for our wedding. Since we rushed things, we didn't mind wearing anything on the rack. We understand that we have no time to have custom wedding attire. But the shop owner declines us. Even after I told them I was part of the Iscariot family, they rejected my patronage. Am I that incompetent? Just because I couldn't walk, they treated my wife and me like trash. Have I ever done something wrong?" They declined my brother?  Those bastards.

  "Which bridal that you go to?"

  "Fairytale Romance." Oh, I see. I heard about the owner before. That woman only caters to VVIP. But aren't we part of the circle? Is it because the person she's serving is my brother? That's a little unfair.

  "I know the owner. I will talk to her and ask for her reason. It would be best if you had mentioned my name. That would make them rethink the consequences of their action." Thomas smiled. I ate the last bite of my croissant.

  "Ah, sister. We decided to go oversea for our honeymoon." Nice choice.

  "Which country?" I asked while wiping the crumbs off my face.

  "Dubai." Oh, nice choice.

  "Is it alright for me to ask for Lia's help?" I nodded.

  "Of course. Give Lia a call. She knows what to do next." Thomas smiled.

  "I will. Thank you, Tiff."