11 - Help

Tiffany's PoV

    "Tiffany, I heard that you have a new escort. What is her name and how did you ended up with someone as young as her?" It seems the news about me spread like wildfire everytime I did something. Perhaps dating Amanda before made me well known.

    "I helped a woman who was harassed by someone and decided to take her in. I thought since people spread things about me, they would have included how it happened." My friends look at each other before apologising.

    "We're sorry. We didn't mean to make it sound like we're investigating you. We are genuinely curious. Isn't she friends with Nicole Day, that famous ballerina? I heard that Nicole Day decided to take some time off after what happened to her at the competition." Oh- I didn't know that.

    "What happened to Nicole Day?" I asked while taking my cup of coffee from the table.

    "Nicole was winning the completion without a doubt but a contestant from Spain decided to play dirty and made Nicole eliminated from the competition. It was such a heartbreaking event for everyone who root for her. Since then, Nicole Day simply disappear from the scene and continue her study." I see.

    "That explains why no one is talking about Nicole Day anymore. What a waste of talent." I wonder if Lucia knows a lot of Nicole. Did Nicole reveal herself to her friend?

    "Say, what happened to the buy out you were speaking off, Tiff? Did it actually happened or those bussiness owner decided to go against the law and make you look bad?" I smiled.

    "I think I am at the peak of my career where as I don't have to play along with how certain people tend to do. If they continue to go against the law, I'm sorry but the police will have to do the bidding for me. I bought those lands before they even decided to do businesses there. I am not fault, I have proof. They're the ones that took things that belong to me." My friends nodding their head.

    "But that doesn't mean I will let them suffer since I decided to develop those lands. Of course I would let them use the space that is provided by me at a low cost. But they thought I am one of those bastards who take advantage of other people misery." One of my friends hummed.

    "I can offer my help if you want. I can explain what is happening and assure them that you will take care of their troubles. Besides, I'm sure I'm my wife knows a couple of ways to help them until the construction is complete." Oh- that's actually a great idea.

    "And I can work with your lawyer to make sure everything is according to plan. That is you're willing to accept our pay of course." My friends chuckled. I smiled.

    "I expect you guys would work for free." We laughed as we continue with our conversation.

    "Oh- I heard you're planning a trip to Japan. Will you be bringing your escort?" I shrugged my shoulder.

    "Really? I thought you wouldn't like to go to events alone. Normally Amanda would be the one who to follow you I'm sure your new girl will be a better partner now that you and Amanda doesn't talk with each other." I place my cup down on the table.

    "Amanda will be at the event with her new boy toy. Lia confirmed it with her assistant. It surprised me that Lia still in contact with those who work for that bitch. I rather not going to Japan but there's some things that's need my attention. My mother would like to add a couple of branches in Japan and South Korea. We conquered China most country in South East Asia. It took some time but it happened. My mother is one hell of a businesswoman." My friends agreed.

    "For a sixty year old woman, she's still thriving and living like she was in her thirties. I always thought that Mrs Iscariot is part Vampire for how young she looks." I laughed at my friends. Here we go again.

    "My mother is where near vampires or werewolves. Enough with your imagination. Anyway, why is everyone keeping an eye on us?" My friends look around with a smile on their face.

    "Perhaps because of the news of your new escort. Didn't you know that there's rumours about your escort being a goddess? After all, your famous for keeping beautiful things and human by your side.  Any picture to show us, Tiff?" I laughed.

    "Sooner or later, you'll meet my new girl. She is far better than Amanda." My friends were shocked.

    "Are serious about that? Amanda is on another level when it comes to beauty and poise. Are you sure your not in love?" I waved the idea away.

    "Love? What is that? Why would you say a word that doesn't exist?" My friends chuckled. What is so funny?

    "Not long ago you were madly in love and now you're saying all these things? Tiff, get a grip! Amanda is not the only flower out there." I know but why should I get myself into the trouble getting hurt again?

    I was about to say something when I recieve a text message from an unknown number.

    "This is Karina. Please help me!"

    I read the text before looking up to my friends.

    "I think I need to go. Someone is asking for my help." My friends nodded as I place my share of payment on the table.

    LATER THAT DAY,

    "What happened to you? Who gave you those bruises?" I asked Karina who sat faraway from other students. A teacher came to me and explained that happened to Karina and the other students.

    "So the other kids were questioning Karina where she got the money to be here? Why is that even an issue here? Karina paid for it- that should be the end of it." The teachers sighed and begin to tell me how the other students discriminate any students who got into the school with  scholarship.

    "What's the difference? What makes you better if you paid to be in school? Reality check, your parents does- not you. So what makes you entitle for their money? Just because you're their children? Fuck off." The teachers were surprised by my words.

    "Karina, pack your bags. We're going home." I understand why she decided to call me instead of her family. I wonder what sort of treatment Karina has been receiving from her classmates.

    "How am I supposed to cover my bruises?" Karina asked when she's inside the car.

    "Why would you want to hide them? Let your parents know about the mistreatment. " Karina shake her head no.

    "They will be worried about me. The only reason why I called you is because the teacher wanted me to call for my family members. I can't possible revealed that i am in trouble. They will hurt me." I sighed as I drive home.

    "No. We can't hide this from your family. It will worsen if you do, and at one point, your life will be at stake. Also, how did you even have my number?" Karina gave me a small smile.

  "I look through my sister's phone in case of emergency? Please forgive me. It won't happen again." At this point, I don't see why I should lecture her. It's not even Lucia's fault.

  "Tell me the truth- how bad was your school life?" Karina didn't say anything for a few seconds before she sighed.

  "I pretend that everything is alright while it's not. My parents would like me to follow in my sister's footsteps by being an exemplary student; it was so hard for me to do so because of the pressure from my classmate and some the discriminating teacher. The only good person in the school was that teacher who spoke to you earlier." It is not healthy for any student to be in such a situation.

  "I thought I would just let it be since I'm a senior now. It won't be long until I am graduated from high school. But the bullying kee getting worse day by day. I thought by coming on the camping trip, everything would change, but it didn't. Is it a sin to be poor? Why doesn't everyone hate underprivileged students?" Karina asked while she fought the verge of crying.

  "Not everyone- some. Does Nicole, your sister's friend, look down on your family? I don't think so. And she's a famous ballerina." Karina seems surprised.

  "What do you mean?"

  "What?" I asked.

  "Nicole is a famous ballerina?" I nodded while making a turn.

  "Wait, you didn't know?" Karina shakes her head no.

  "Nicole used to compete at the international level. But she took some time off because she wanted to focus on her study and warn herself a degree. I thought everyone would know the moment she introduced herself." Karina shakes her head no.

  "I don't think my sister knows about this." After contemplating whether to help this girl or not, I decided to stop by the roadside and took out some foundation and face powder from my handbag.

  "Show me your face." I start applying foundation to cover the bruises on her face before proceeding to apply it on her arm too.

  "That is one expensive foundation." I smiled.

  "I only wore the best product money can buy. I'm doing this because you were begging me. It's not because I approve of your action. Find a time to tell your parents about what happened." Karina sighed.

  "How will you explain to your family after they saw me sending you home? And you're not supposed to be home by the day after tomorrow." Karina shrugged her shoulder.

  "I got sick?" I sighed as I drove again.

  "Keep the foundation and powder. Use them to cover your bruises." Karina thanked me before sighing hard.

  "Do you have any advice to deal with a toxic environment?" I think hard for an answer.

  "From my experience, even if you try to tell them, higher-ups, nothing can be done because of money. The mistreatment will continue as long as the enemy stays two steps ahead of you. If you ask me for a way to deal with it, if the enemy is smart, be smarter." Karina looked at me with confusion on her face.

  "How do I do that?" I smiled.

  "Say, please help me, Tiffany." Karina was confused at first but then realized what I was trying to say.

  "I have a little brother. But not too long ago, something happened to him that made him lose the use of his legs. Do you want to know what I did to those who caused that?" Karina nodded her head.

  "Did you kill them?" I laughed.

  "And why should I give them the pleasure of seeing the devil that easily? No- I destroy their life in the most unimaginable way possible. In your opinion, what is the most precious thing for someone who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth?" Karina shrugged.

  "I don't know- money?"

  "Exactly." When we arrived, Lucia was watering the plant outside her house while her parents seemed to be planting something by the bush. They were surprised to see me with Karina.

  "What happened? I thought you're supposed to come home the day after tomorrow." Lucia was skeptical when Karina told them that she had gotten sick.

  "What happened?" Lucia asked me as she pulled me aside.

  "Your sister got sick." Lucia gave me a look before hitting my shoulder. Excuse me?

  "Would you like to have dinner with us?" I didn't expect Mrs. Reid to ask me to have dinner with them. Should I accept the offer?

  "Are you sure? Your neighbor seems to be quite curious about me." Mrs. Reid smiled.

  "We do not care about others. Please, have dinner with us. Although it may not be like the food you often eat, we're sincere." I see. I can't say no now that Mr. Reid invited me too.

  "Alright. Thank you for the invitation."