13 - Kimberly Iscariot

Lucia's PoV

  Oh God, why am I so nervous? I still couldn't believe that I was about to meet the same woman who met the queen of England! Kimberly Iscariot is one of the most influential figures in this country, and I know I'm about to embarrass myself in front of her.

   "Lucia- are you nervous? You've been sighing since we left my home." I turned to Tiffany, who was working just moments ago.

  "I think my heart is about to burst from my chest. What if I messed up? Your mother will think of me as a joke." Tiffany chuckled.

   "Oh please- my mother would tell her friends about you if you messed up, but that's a good thing! That way, people would know to not messing with you." I don't think that's a good idea.

  "Should I brief you before we arrive?" I nodded.

  "You'll be meeting my mother and brother. I guess there's nothing to be afraid of since my mother is very open-minded and my brother doesn't care what I do with my life. As long as I did my job as the heir, everything is under control." I don't think her words help at all.

  "What I'm trying to say here is that you shouldn't be worried for nothing. Just be yourself, and I'm sure my mother would ignore that you're embarrassing yourself." I wish I could hit this woman with all my might.

  "Is this your way of comforting someone?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

  "Say, I've been meaning to ask- you've been using the card I gave you, right?" I nodded.

  "What sort of things you've been buying?" I shrugged.

  "Food?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

  "Food? What sort of food costs that cheap? It would be best if you were eating a balanced diet. You have all the money you could wish for, yet you're not using them. Start using them-" Huh? What is wrong with this woman?

  "I'm not the type to recklessly spend money. The only reason I use them is that I have no cash in hand at the time. I-" Tiffany raises her hand.

  "Cash? That could arrange. I'll ask Lia to give your weekly allowance in cash every week. Does five thousand a week enough? Would you like that?" Five thousand a week?! That's too much!

  "I would rather be cashless if that's the amount you'll give me." Tiffany sighed.

  "The only thing you could get at the boutique for five thousand is last season's handbag. Don't be too frugal with yourself. Also, I like the way you dress today. So chic and elegant. Did Lia suggest that?" I nodded.

  "Good choice. We're about to arrive at my family's home. Get yourself ready." I- what should I do?

  LATER THAT DAY,

  Tiffany and her mother have been away for quite some time. They left me with Thomas, and I am running out of topics to talk to him.

  "How old are you, Lucia?" Thomas asked.

  "I am nineteen years old." Thomas sighed.

  "My sister must be out of her mind." Huh? Thomas shakes his head while sighing.

  "Aren't you throwing away your youth by following my sister around? I grew up with her, and I know sometimes she could be unbearable and evil at some point. I hope you're ready to face that." I- I don't know what to say.

  "It's normal for anyone to have nothing to say. Please don't be pressured." Thomas smiled. How is that even possible after what he said? That's impossible to do!

  "Have you dated anyone before meeting my sister?"

  "When I was in high school." Thomas hummed.

  "Did my sister tell you about her crazy exes?" I shake my head no.

  "Out of all of them, you need to be wary of Amanda the most. That woman doesn't know what is right and what is wrong. All she cares about is herself, and my sister was an idiot for falling for her. In the end, she got hurt by that woman." I- am I allowed to know about this?

  I mean, Tiffany didn't say anything about it, and it must not be important, right?

  "We're you forced to be with my sister?" I shake my head no.

  "I'm sorry if my questions seem a bit off, but I'm genuinely worried about your well-being. My sister doesn't care much about anything except for money and herself. She likes to collect beautiful things, human included, and I guess you're her newest victim. It's never too late to leave." Even if I want to, I can't. I am indebted to miss Tiffany.

   How could I be so cold towards my savior?

  "I'm sorry for the delay. I had to talk to my mother about our trip to Japan next week." Huh? Am I going to Japan? But I have quizzes and tests to take.

  "I don't think I can do that. I have important things to do at the campus." Tiffany smiled.

  "That's alright- I talked to the dean, and he will prepare everything for you. Do you doubt my words?" I shake my head no. Tiffany must have pressured the dean. Somehow I feel guilty.

  "My daughter doesn't change her mind easily. So it would be best if you prepared yourself for the trip. You'll meet all kinds of people, and as someone representing my family, you need to make sure Tiffany doesn't do anything stupid like hurting someone." I stood up from my seat when Kimberly Iscariot, Tiffany's mother, finally showed herself.

  "You seem a little shocked to see me. I tried to look my best not to be intimidated. Is it not working?" I shake my head no.

  "Please don't mind me. My name is Lucia. Nice to see you, ma'am." Mrs. Iscariot hummed.

  "Call me Kimberly. Or Kim for short. Either way, it's nice to meet you finally." We shake hands. I never thought I'd be shaking the hands of a woman who is the mover and shaker of this country. I heard even politicians and law enforcers think twice to do anything to this woman. That's how influential she is.

  "I'm sure you're hungry right now. Dinner should be served shortly." Kimberly smiled at me. She smiled!