Chapter 22 - Additional Family

Third Person PoV

    Lucia and Nicole smiled at each other as they talked about the menu while Tiffany asked the server how long it takes for the lamb to be cooked.

    "For about twenty minutes." Tiffany sighed.

    "I'll get the salmon." I chuckled as I noticed Tiffany's annoyance when she heard how long her favorite food was to be cooked.

    "We can always have the lamb when you're not busy." Tiffany hummed. Lucia and Nicole then told the server the food they wanted before thanking her.

    "Is everything alright?" Lucia asked as Tiffany's eyes never left her phone screen.

    "Everything is alright. I need to send a few messages to Lia. I'm sorry. It won't belong. Besides, I need to tell everyone that we need a new prime minister." Tiffany smiled as she typed away her texts.

    "Take your time. It should be us who apologize because we took your time." Tiffany waved her hand before placing her phone down.

    "Also, what do you mean by we need a new prime minister? Is it possible to fire the current one?" Nicole asked out of curiosity.

    "Of course." Tiffany smiled at both Lucia and Nicole.

    "How's your neck? If you want, I can send you to the hospital so the doctor can check it out for you. How hard did that bastard squeeze your neck? Why didn't you try to hit him or something?" Lucia shrugged.

    "I want to gather as many witnesses as I can. That way, that man won't be able to escape from his punishment." Tiffany shakes her head no.

    "That's not the way, Lucia. You could have died from suffocating. Please do not let yourself get hurt ever again. And I will make sure that people keep an eye on you whenever you're away from the comfort of your home. Also, before I forget, did you talk to your parents about moving out?" Lucia nodded.

    "They didn't say much, but it doesn't look like they will stop me. I'm planning to move out by the end of this month. Is that possible?" Tiffany nodded her head.

    "Anything is possible for you. If you would excuse me, I have to use the ladies' room." Tiffany excused herself before leaving Lucia and Nicole by the moves.

    "You're moving away? Where?" Nicole asked.

    "I don't know. But Tiffany found a place for me to move into. Things went really bad between our family and the neighbors. That's why I decided to move away, so my parents don't have to listen to what those people say about me." Nicole hummed.

    "Will it stop? Even if you move away, will they stop talking about you? Maybe your parents need to move as well." Lucia sighed.

    "Honestly, I don't know. I tried to convince them, but they wanted to stay in that house because it holds many memories of us growing up. And my father bought that house when they first got married. That house means a lot to them." Nicole smiled.

    "I wish I could have such a passionate love story like that. I wonder if James will ever accept me in his life." Lucia smiled.

    "Nicole, I think my brother should be the one who worried about being accepted by your family. What if your parents don't let you and James together?" Nicole smiled.

    "They will. Even if I have to threaten them, I will have my way. I can't have somebody else act as this child's father." Nicole clears her throat when Tiffany walks back to their table.

    "Am I interrupting you two?" Lucia and Nicole shake their head no.

    "I was just telling Lucia that I will not let another man be the father of my child other than her brother." Tiffany normally acts at first, but once she realizes what Nicole has just said, she seems rather confused.

    "You hook up with Lucia's brother? Are you pregnant?" Nicole smiled.

    "You look happy despite not being the official girlfriend. Why are you so happy?" Nicole chuckled.

    "Because I'm going to be a mother. But that doesn't mean I will ignore my studies. And who knows, my child would be the one who continues my legacy as a professional ballet dancer. But of course, it's completely up to their choice." Tiffany smiled.

    "It seems you have everything planned out. What about James? What will he do?" Tiffany turned to Lucia.

    "He has until this evening to choose if he wants to take responsibility or continue being a dick. But knowing my brother, he will make the best decision for both of them." Lucia smiled at Nicole.

    "I trust my brother." Nicole smiled back.

    "Me too." Tiffany finds it amusing to see how Lucia and Nicole could be so naive.

    "Are you sure about that? There must be a reason for James to make the other girl his girlfriend, and you two are here assuming that he would choose to be a father and break the other girl's heart? Sure taking responsibility is important, but he's a man. I'm sure he's doing his best to keep both girls under his fingertips." Tiffany's words made Lucia offended.

    "My brother is not like that. I know because we grew up together." Tiffany smiled.

    "That's what I said about my brother, but he still turns out to be a dick. Never trust anyone that easily until you know what sort of person he is. I know you've doubted me, Lucia. And you're worried that I might force you to be a slave of some sort." Lucia keeps her head low after raising her voice to Tiffany.

    "I'm sorry if my words offended you, but I am only telling you both the truth. Don't be naive." Nicole smiled.

    "Thank you for the advice, Miss. I will remember it well." Tiffany taps her finger in front of Lucia.

    "Are you not going to say anything? You can yell and scream at me if you like." Lucia finally looks up and smiled.

    "And why would I do that?"

  LATER THAT DAY,

  As Tiffany went back to her office after having lunch with Lucia and Nicole, she noticed that her staff seemed to be a bit nervous or some sort. At first, she ignored it and thought that it was only her mind playing tricks, but the moment she walked into her office, her heart dropped.

  "Mom? What are you doing here?" Tiffany's eyes widened when she saw her mother reading the files on her desk.

  "If you're curious, it's just some personal project. It has nothing to do with the company. None at all." Kimberly hummed as she continued to read the files.

  "Are you not going to say anything?" Kimberly smile.

  "Why are you nervous, honey? Don't be. I'm here because I have some matters you discuss. That is all. Take your seat- it wouldn't be right if I let you stand." Tiffany cleared her throat as she took her seat behind the desk.

  "Thomas told me that he wants to make Yuna his wife. Yuna came back from Korea, and she is currently living with us. The wedding is this weekend." Tiffany heard this, looked at her mother before reaching out to her drawer, and taking a mini gin bottle she hid for an emergency.

  "Are you serious? You're going to drink right now?" Tiffany nodded before she drank.

  "Why are they in a rush? They could wait until the child is born then get married." Kimberly smiled.

  "My son wants to keep his future wife's dignity intact. You know how women of our society tend to act if they know someone had a child out of wedlock." Tiffany scoffed.

  "So is their husband with their mistresses. I-," Kimberly raised her head and stared at her daughter. Tiffany cleared her throat.

  "Yuna's parents' must be so happy knowing that Thomas is willing to take Yuna even after she did. Will you be giving that family the benefit of being part of this family?" Kimberly shrugged her shoulder.

  "It's only fair for me to do so. It's what your father wants, and I will fulfill it." Tiffany clicked her tongue in annoyance.

  "Tiff, try to be happy for your brother and ignore Yuna's mistake to him. If Thomas could forgive her, why can't you?" Tiffany smiled.

  "Because I am not insane like Thomas. Besides, I am a person who holds grudges. Anyway, it's Thomas's life. Not mine. If he thinks he's happy with Yuna, so be it. Where will the wedding be held?" Kimberly placed the file she was holding on the table.

  "Our home. The guests' list was reduced due to Thomas's request. He only invited his close friends and family to witness his big day. And once it's done, he will invite the reporters for an official press conference so he can announce to the world that he is married. Yuna's action was publicized by the media not too long ago. Everyone would be surprised to know that he's married to Yuna." Tiffany sighed.

  "What do you want me to do? There's a reason you're here. You could text or call me to tell me about the wedding. There's no need for you to come to my office." Kimberly smiled.

  "One of many Thomas's requests is to invite his grandparents from both sides of the family. Do you know how to contact your grandparents from your father's side?"  Tiffany nodded.

  "But mom, you hated them. Why would you want to invite them to the wedding where you'll be uncomfortable." Kimberly smiled.

  "Honey, I am over sixty years old. It's time to be an adult and reunite with your father's family. They're old and about to die. What's so hard to deal with a couple of greedy old farts?" Kimberly chuckled.

  "Thomas is insane to invite them to our home. Did that boy forget how those people treated us after the lawyer revealed that father had given everything to us and none to his family? Mom, that family tried to kill us off for wealth!" Kimberly hummed.

  "It's funny how you couldn't remember your amazing childhood, but you could remember all the gore stuff that happened to us after your father's death. I'm beginning to think I raise one psychotic daughter." Tiffany smiled.

  "That explains all the therapy I had to go through to be a normal person that could be your heir." Kimberly leaned back fo her seat.

  "What about you? Are you going to get married, of you'll continue to be someone else's sugar mommy?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

  "That depends on the situation. If need me to be, I will find a surrogate to have my child instead." Kimberly smiled.

  "Maybe you should find one now so you won't be too old to care for a child. You're not getting younger, Tiff. Why don't you pay for Lucia to be a surrogate?" Tiffany smiled while shaking her head.

  "That's impossible." Kimberly raised an eyebrow.

  "But you did think of the possibility, right?" Tiffany nodded.

  "Yes, but I decided not to. Lucia has a bright future ahead of herself. Being a surrogate will not be the best way for her." Kimberly smiled at her daughter.

  "You're mature enough to think about this. I'll let you decide what to do with your future. I won't interfere at all."

  "Thanks. I appreciate that."