Chapter 21 - Shocking News

Lucia's PoV

    I walked out of my room when James grabbed my hand and pulled me into his room.

    "What the fuck! James! What's wrong with you? You could ask me nicely, you know." James closed the door behind him and showed me something like a pregnancy test kit.

    "I got someone pregnant! What should I do?" I sighed.

    "Take responsibility for your girlfriend? I mean, you had your fun, so care of the consequences. Do I need to teach you how to be a man?" I sighed as I walked towards the door.

    "Lucy, it's Nicole!" I turned around to face my brother before asking him if I heard it right.

    "What the fuck, bro?! What about your girlfriend?! And you made my friend pregnant?! Do you know who she is?!" James sighed.

    "I don't know how it happens. The only thing that I remember was we had dinner, and then one thing led to another. The next morning I woke up next to Nicole, who seemed to be having the time of her life. What should I do? My girlfriend- Nicole- I don't know what to do." I placed both hands on my brother's shoulder before smiling at him.

    "Tell your girlfriend that you made another girl pregnant and apologize for giving her hope. You need to be with Nicole. Plan things through. You're responsible for her future from now on." James sighed as he took a seat on the bed.

    "I- can't I keep both?" I smack my brother on the head.

    "Don't be an idiot? What makes you think you can take care of both?! Right now, Nicole is probably scared and thinking of getting rid of your child! You need to think of her family and how ashamed she feels now! And you're here thinking of keeping two girls for yourself?! I never knew my brother would be so disgusting!" James rubbed her head after getting a hard smack from me.

    "I have to go to campus. Get yourself together before I come home today. Have some balls, bro." I walked out of James's room and had my breakfast before driving to campus. Gosh- I should have asked for a more subtle car from Tiffany. Driving a Mercedes around this neighborhood only makes it worse for me.

    When I finally arrived at the campus, I noticed Nicole seemed to be waiting for someone in the parking lot. After parking my car, I got out, and we were surprised to see Nicole standing behind me.

    "You scared me!"

    "Did James tell you?" I nodded.

    "What did he say?" Nicole seems curious.

    "He said he wants to keep you and his girlfriend. But I told him off and told him to make his decision by today before I come home." Nicole seems a little disappointed. Of course, she does! That stupid brother of mine is hopeless.

    "Did he tell your parents?" I shake my head no.

    "I guess he didn't. I told my parents, and they want to see James immediately." What? How could she say that calmly?! Isn't that a big deal?

    "Wait, your parents want to see James? Really?" Nicole nodded.

    "I told them I like James and want to keep the child. Even if James chooses his girlfriend, I will keep the child." I- I am speechless. I thought she would get rid of it.

    "Your expression is telling me that I am the type of person that would get an abortion just because of James's background. Lucia, you should know me way better than anyone else. Gosh." I smiled.

    "I'm glad you're not like the rest. Anyway, we should make our way to class now before we get into trouble." Nicole nodded before we walked across the hallways towards our first class.

    "Anyway, how was your trip to Japan? I missed you. Do you know how boring it is to eat lunch alone?" I chuckled.

    "Next time, I will bring you along. I'm sure Tiffany doesn't mind." Nicole raised an eyebrow.

    "You call Tiffany by first name basis already? What happened in Japan?"

    "Nothing! I was told I should call her by her first name. Gosh, stop making fun of me." Nicole laughed. We were about to enter the lecture hall when a man suddenly blocked our way.

    "Excuse me." I tried to walk passed the man, but he didn't budge.

    "Is it true that you sell your body to Tiffany Iscariot? How cheap can a person like you be? I thought your father was a teacher. How could a teacher teach his daughter to be a whore?" Excuse me?! What just happened?

    "You're crossing the line!" Nicole tried to help me, but I smiled at her.

    "Say whatever you want about me. At least I am not the one barking at nothing right now." I tried to force myself into the hall, but this man was adamant about making it hard for me today.

    "What do you want?" I asked.

    "How much does it takes for you to sleep with me without protection?" I don't know what happened next, but I think I just slapped this man across the face.

    "There's a limit to your rudeness." The man looks at me with disbelief before grabbing me by the neck.

    "Who do you think you are?! Not even my parents ever hit me! What makes you think you could do whatever you want?!" I heard Nicole screaming for help.

    "Tiffany Iscariot." For a split second, I could feel that he was scared of hearing Tiffany's name. But this man continues to grab my neck before slamming my back against the locker.

    "You fucker! Do you think my family cares about the Iscariot?! We're richer, and the government works for my father!" I see.

    "Isn't that sad, though? Your father sounds like a big shot, but here you are, choking an innocent girl who tries to enter the lecture hall. Pathetic!" I know I shouldn't continue to challenge his ego, but the more he did to me, the more satisfying it was when I watched him suffer while facing Tiffany's wrath.

    I hope he doesn't blame me for what happened next.

    LATER THAT DAY,

    I didn't expect that my neck would be bruise-like so. What's more, it's the shape of that man's hand! Tiffany called me and said she was in an important meeting, but she did send someone to help me. I'm sure it's Lia.

    "I came as fast as I could." I was right. But damn, Lia. Did she go to a party or something because the way she dressed is not the Lia I know?

    "Oh God- miss Tiffany will be angry if she sees this. And your neck! Who the fuck does that hand belongs to?" I shrugged. I never met the man before, though.

    "His name is Sylvester Claus. He is the youngest child of prime minister Claus. I tried to stop him, but he flexed his father's position instead of listening to my warning. That man even said that he is not scared of Miss Tiffany or the Iscariot." Lia clicked her tongue in annoyance before shaking her head with a sigh.

    "Noted." Wait, when did Nicole arrive?

    "Now, what should we do about the bruise?" I shrugged.

    "We should leave it be. Because there are many people out there doesn't know what sort of person Sylvester is." Nicole then looks at my injury with a sigh.

    "If only I could help you sooner." I smiled.

    "Oh, come on- don't feel bad. This is life after all. Lia, is it safe to say that Claus is ruin?" Lia nodded.

    "Then is it alright for me to make fun of him?" Lia smiled.

    "Be my guest."

  While Lia was having a conversation with Nicole, Sylvester and her parents went out of the dean's office. At first, the Claus couple ignored me, but the moment they saw Lia, they immediately kept their head low.

  "We would like to apologize for what our son did." Mrs. Claus said with such ignorance. This woman didn't even try to be sincere. What makes her think she owns the world? I feel the same when I stand next to Tiffany's, but that doesn't give me the privilege of being rude.

  "I didn't know that the Claus family doesn't teach their son manners. Look at Miss Lucia's neck! How should I explain to my mistress about that? What your son did is not forgivable." Lia immediately voices her thoughts. The prime minister turned his attention to my neck.

  "Nothing a simple foundation and powder can't fix. Do I need to teach you that little trick too? My son did nothing wrong. All he wants is to teach people like that to know her place. So what if he leaves a few bruises around a woman like that? She deserves it. A poor girl like her does not fit in with people like us. Tiffany has gone mad."

  "Oh really? Should I check myself in an asylum then? Prime minister Claus- I bet you didn't expect to see me here. And how dare you say things like that in front of Lucia and Lia." Eh- Tiffany?! I thought she was busy.

  "Tiffany, you can't blame us. That lady is probably seducing my son. My son has never acted out of line before." Tiffany turned to me and noticed my neck. Even though she remains calm but her eyes don't tell a lie.

  "The last time I met Lucia, her neck didn't have a bruise shape like someone's hand. And I know Lucia won't do whatever things you're trying to blame on her. That woman is shy. You're speaking about the same woman who forgot how to speak in front of a celebrity. And you expect me to believe that she seduces a man like your son? Who still living under his parents' armpit? Pathetic. Even my paraplegic brother knows how to make money himself without asking for my mother's help. Thomas speaks for himself, and he is a real man." Tiffany walked toward me while examining the bruise on my neck.

  "The ministry will receive a letter from me regarding this matter. I'm sure the ministry love to hear what your son said to my Lucia." Sylvester's expression turns dark.

  "What do you mean?" Sylvester finally speaks up. Tiffany turned to face him with a smile.

  "Oh, you didn't know? For safety measures, I had asked Lucia to wear a ring." Tiffany takes my hand and shoe, everyone, the ring.

  "I'm sure Lucia touches the ring when things get serious, right?" I nodded.

  "And once my security team manages to find enough evidence, the long history of the Claus family will be wiped out from this country permanently. Did you really think you could escape from my wrath? What makes you think you could escape from me after hurting someone whom I choose to be with me? I've been watching the Claus since what happened to Thomas. Let me say this for once and for all; you're challenging the wrong woman, you bastard." Tiffany smirked.

  The Claus look at each other.

  "You can't do that! You're not even working for the ministry. How could a businesswoman like you interfere with state affairs? You're bluffing!" The prime minister try to make the situation less awkward. But is it working? I don't think so.

  "Lia, deal with these clowns! I want to take both Lucia and Nicole to lunch."

  "As you wish, miss."