10 - Zoo

Lucia's PoV

  It had been a week since I became Tiffany's escort, and for that short amount of time, I noticed one particular thing about her. And that is- Tiffany likes to eat. I wonder how she kept her figure in check with the number of things she ate.

  When I asked her if she goes to the gym, Tiffany told me that it's bothersome, and she prefers to drink alcohol than exercise. Does that mean those alcohols that keep her weight in check? That's not true.

  "What's wrong? Why are you staring at me like that?" Tiffany looked up from the menu she was reading and smiled.

  "I still wonder how you kept your figure with the amount of food you're eating. Also, why are we going to the zoo?" Today has been chaotic. Last night I went to sleep at 3 am because of an assignment. While I was still asleep, Tiffany sent me multiple texts to get my attention before telling me that she wanted to go to the zoo.

  "Because I want to meet alpacas." Huh? What is wrong with this woman?

  "Alpacas? I'm not getting enough sleep because of alpacas?" Tiffany smiled while waving for the server. I watched as this woman ordered food with dessert and two types of drinks before looking at me.
  Others would have thought she ordered for me, but no- that's not the case here.

  "Grilled seabass and lemon tea for me." Tiffany smiled at the server before facing me.

  "Are you afraid of animals?" I shake my head no.

  "What about reptiles?" I shrugged my shoulder.

  "When I was a high school student, I had a pet tarantula which my mother tried hard to get rid of. In the end, she gets what she wants." Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

  "How?"

  "She gave away my tarantula to the neighbor's child. I was so mad that I cried for a few days, begging them to get my pet back. I can say that I'm not that scared of reptiles." Tiffany smiled.

  "Isn't that precious? I was afraid that you might be one of those girls who are too fragile around animals." Oh my- I'm not that weak.

  "Aren't you being a stereotypical person? Not everyone is as weak as your exes." Wait- that's not what I wanted to say. How could I say such things in front of her?

  "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to say that." Tiffany waved her handoff.

  "It's alright. You're not wrong. Most women I met don't know how to take care of themselves. It's weird to see because my mother raises me to be independent. The only reason I have Lia is so she can take care of my house while I work. I ever met a woman who doesn't know how to bathe herself because her maid did everything for her." that must be a lie. There's no way-

  "I'm not making things up. This legit happened to me." I never knew I would have such a conversation with someone like Tiffany. I did some research on her, and I was amazed to know that the same woman reached out to help me when I needed help the most.

  "Is it alright for the miss to leave her work and go to the zoo?" Tiffany nodded her head.

  "Why wouldn't it be alright? I own the company- there shouldn't be a problem for me to have some break from work. Even my workers took some unpaid leave so that they could be with their loved ones." Ah- I shouldn't ask her anything.

  LATER THAT DAY

  "Isn't he precious? I wonder if I could take one home with me." I am speechless. Am I seeing things, or Tiffany's stoic face is smiling and laughing while playing around animals?

  "I don't think you can," I said before a baby alpaca took the cup in my hand before running away with it.

  "No! My cup!" I chased the baby alpaca around, but I couldn't keep up with it.

  "Why would you chase the alpaca around?" Tiffany asked before handing me a bottle of water.

  "The cup- the zookeeper said to not give them too much at one time." Tiffany shakes her head no.

  "Should we go to see the birds?" I nodded. I'm glad I decided to come to the zoo today- watching the animals playing and running around helps take off some of the pressure from school and what's happening in my family.

  I know my parents are disappointed in me. It shows whenever I look into their eyes. They avoid seeing me as if I'm a stranger. My parents are probably embarrassed by me for being a sugar baby to a wealthy person. They're afraid that our neighbors might know and make fun of them.

  Maybe I should move out and live in the apartment Tiffany will provide me with. My parents wouldn't be so embarrassed and disappointed every time they saw me.

  "Lucia, look- flamingo." Huh? A flamingo?

  "Don't you think they look cute?" Huh? I shrugged my shoulder.

  "I guess so. I never see it up close before." Tiffany smiled.

  "You're not afraid of birds, right?" I shake my head no.

  "Let's go feed them." Huh? Wait- is that even allowed?

  "Wait- are you sure we can feed them?" Tiffany nodded confidently.

  "Yes. I don't think the zookeeper would say anything about that. I am the owner of this zoo." Huh?!

  "Your face is funny looking. Didn't you read the sign when we entered the zoo? It does say the Iscariot Kingdom. Iscariot is my last name- I thought you would piece the two together." I- I didn't even notice it. I was too excited to be here.

  "I guess I'm stupid." Tiffany laughed as we entered a huge birdcage. A zookeeper gave us some bird food and called for the birds to come. At first, it feels ticklish as the birds feed on my palm, but then I want it to continue.

  "Birds are amazing." Tiffany looks at me with a smile.

  "Why do you say that?" I shrugged.

  "Because they can go anywhere they want without worrying about anything. They have what we humans lack- freedom." Tiffany nodded her head.

  "Freedom, huh- what is that even?" Wait- I thought someone like Tiffany would know better than I would.

  "Shits happen, I guess- freedom is not a privilege anymore. It's something everyone should earn." Tiffany smiled. What happened to her?

  LATER THAT NIGHT,

  "What did you do today? Did that woman make you do things you're not supposed to?  Lucy, maybe it's best to end this before everyone knows. It would be bad if your father's colleague knew about this. You're one of the smartest students who could enter a private university with a scholarship. They will think badly of you." I didn't even get to take off my shoe when my mother bombarded me with questions and concerns.

  "Sure. But can we pay her back? She spends a lot of money to pay our grandfather's debt. Miss Tiffany didn't ask for much from me. All I have to do is accompany her. She never once did something inappropriate toward me. It's not that I'm defending my action, but at least we shouldn't assume that she's a bad person." My mother sighed as she took a seat.

  "I'm just worried that you would embarrass your father, Lucy. Why would you even agree in the first place? We can find another way to pay for the debt. It would be best if you didn't waste your future like this. What if people started to make fun of you?" At this point, I don't even care.

  "I'm sorry, mom, but being with Tiffany makes me feel appreciated. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I like it. Look-" I took out the credit card given to me.

  "I wouldn't have to worry about money if I'm with her. I'm sorry, mom, but I enjoy being surrounded by money and attention." My mother is disappointed.

  "Okay." My mother stood up from her seat and went back to her room. I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to look like a gold digger. I rather make myself look bad than see you and dad work multiple jobs to get by.

  "Hey- what happened?" My brother just came home from work.

  "I made mom cry." I smiled at my brother, who shook his head.

  "How many times did that happen this week? Anyway, how is your Lucy? Did that woman touch you inappropriately?" I shake my head no.

  "Are you sure? If so, that's good. I heard many things about that woman which is not particularly good. So I assume that she would treat you bad." I smiled at how overly protective my brother was.

  "To be honest, she seems like a nice person. But there's a time where she would act as if I am in trouble, but Lia told me to keep my distance if that ever happens." James hummed.

  "Is the car outside belong to you? I was shocked to see a Mercedes parked in our driveway when I came home. Can I bring that car for a test driver tomorrow?" I smiled at my brother.

  "Of course. Miss Tiffany gave me a car, so it's easier for me to go to the university. Either that or she would ask her driver to pick me up.

  "Say, how is Nicole?" Huh? Why would my brother be asking about Nicole all of a sudden?

  "I thought you had her number. Why didn't you ask her yourself?" I teased my brother.

  "Because your brother is shy around your friend. Anyway, I should take a shower." James was about to go to his room when he realized someone was missing.

  "Where's Karina?"

  "She went camping. Did you forget?" James hummed.

  "It slipped my mind. Let's have dinner together later." I smiled at James before going to my room. As I looked at the bags in my room, I just realized how much my life changed the moment I met Tiffany.

  I would never have imagined that I would be wearing brands that I couldn't even pronounce in my whole life. Even though I feel bad, I enjoy this little luxury I have. Oh God- what is happening to me? I shouldn't be feeling this way.

  While I was removing my makeup, I received a text from Tiffany.

  "Send me a picture of yourself."

  I read the text out loud. Why would she ask for my picture?

  "I am not dressed."

  I hit send and waited for another reply.

  "Send me any picture of yourself. My mother would like to see your face."

  Oh my God. Why would Mrs. Isacariot want to see my face? What sort of picture should I give? Perhaps when I won an award for my science project? That's the only pleasant picture I have on my phone. After sending the picture, Tiffany sends another text.

  "You look innocent. Also, my mother invited you to dinner this weekend. Don't forget our deal. You have to stay with me for the weekends."

  I- I don't think I'm ready to meet Tiffany's mother. Why would someone like Mrs. Iscariot want to meet a lowly girl like me? That's just absurd!