Chapter 23 - Brother

Tiffany's PoV

    I minded my own business inside my brother's room when I felt someone staring at me. I decided to come home and meet my brother after work to make sure he was sane enough to be someone else's husband. I can't help but be extra worried for my little brother.

    "What?" I asked Thomas.

    "You look different today. You don't look like your usual overbearing self, sis." Did my brother call me overbearing?

    "I must thank Lucia for making you like this." What does my brother mean by that? I don't think anything is different about me.

    "What are you saying, Thomas? Anyway, I've called our grandparents and informed them about this wedding. They were shocked before making fun of your paraplegic self." Thomas didn't react much when I told him about our father's side of the family.

    "They're still bitter that we get to have all of this? How long has it been since my father's death? Isn't it time for them to make amends and do good deeds already?" I shrugged my shoulder.

    "Do you think those bastards care about any of those? They all want money, and I'm afraid they will try to make trouble at your wedding if we let them in. Thomas, there's a limit to being kind. And those people do not deserve any of it." Thomas sighed.

    "I only wish for us to be happy on such a happy day. It doesn't matter if we like it; they're still related to us, sis." I was about to say something when Yuna walked into the room carrying a refreshment tray. She smiled as she placed the tray on the table before excusing herself.

    "Is your future wife will continue to talk to me? Why? Is she scared that I might lecture her about sincerity?" Thomas waved his hand off and offered a cup of tea.

    "Tiff, relax. Yuna will get used to it. She is just embarrassed that after what she's done, our family still accepted her with open arms. Can't you be happy for me since I'm about to be a father?" I guess I can try to be happy for my brother.

    "But why? That's not even your child."

    "Because I love Yuna. And I'm willing to do anything for her. It's not her fault that Yuna is cheating on me. I was not good enough. But I will do better." I can't brain any of this. My brother is truly insane.

    "And no, I'm not crazy. Just madly in love." Thomas chuckled.

    "Isn't that the same thing?" Thomas shrugged his shoulder. I take a few sips of the drink before asking my brother what gifts he wants.

    "Anything? Are you sure about that?" I nodded.

    "Yes. You know full well that your sister has a lot of money under her name. Tell me what you desire as your wedding gift." Thomas smiled.

    "Assets." I placed my cup down.

    "Assets? Isn't that too vague." Thomas explains his desire and wants to make sure that Yuna and the child she's carrying have a bright future if he has to go first.

    "Thomas- why would you go as far as providing assets to the child that is not even yours?" Thomas sighed.

    "Because this child will carry my last name. And this child doesn't need to know that I am not its father. I will provide him with love, care, and everything in the world like a father should. Look at me, Tiff. Do you think I can have my child with my condition like this? Sure, the doctor said there's a possibility, but I doubt it. The least I can do is make Yuna and the child happy." I hate how negative he is towards himself.

    "The doctor said you could get it hard- so Yuna can have your child. Let's not make such haste decision, alright?" Thomas facepalms himself.

    "I shouldn't meet a doctor that you knew. That's a bad move. And sis, do you have to take about something personal with me? Gosh!" I smiled as my brother blushed in a deep shade of red.

    "But please, help me, will you?" I sighed.

    "Fine. I will help you." Thomas smiled.

    "I know I could count on you. Now, sis, I have something more important to discuss with you. Could you please get a file on that table?" I nodded and went to get the file my brother mentioned.

    "If you look at the content, I have every bit of information about the child's real father. From what color of his hair to every information about his family members. That's my other request." Huh? What does he mean by that?

    "What do you mean by your other request?"

    "I thought you said I can ask for anything as a gift?" I did say that but-

    "Hold on! You want to find this guy and make him pay for what he did to Yuna?" Thomas nodded.

    "When Yuna went to see him and tell him about her pregnancy, he didn't just bail, but he also hit my Yuna. There were bruises all over Yuna's body, and I wanted to make him feel what Yuna felt that day. The only reason why Yuna manages to come home is because of Lia. Lia called an old friend who resides in Korea to help me bring her back." Wait-

    "How did you know Yuna was in trouble?" Thomas showed me the ring on his finger.

    "You told me I was overly protective when I first bought this ring, right? This ring is what saves my future, Yuna." I see- Yuna called for help by touching the ring. Luckily she still wears it around her finger that time too.

    "I'll see what I can do." Thomas smiled.

    "I know I could count on yours, Tiff. Anyway, could you give me Lucia's number?" Huh?

    "Why?"

    "I have a favor to ask of her." I can trust my brother. But should I give him the number?

    THE NEXT DAY,

    I enjoyed listening to an opera song when Yuna walked in with a worried expression all over her face.

    "What?" I asked while lowering the volume.

    "Is there anything that I should do for you, Tiffany?" I smiled. So this woman knows her place very well.

    "No- I'm sure my mother and Thomas will hate me if I force you to do manual labor. Right?" I offered Yuna a place to sit.

    "Tell me, Yuna, what were you thinking while betraying Thomas with another guy? How did you go mental and let yourself indulge in lust?" I know I should ask such a direct question, but I can't help it.

    "I was an idiot. If Thomas didn't go his way, I would have died at his hands. Thank you for letting Lia take action, Tiffany." It's good to take credit for something you have no idea about.

    "Why are you here? I know you have other reasons than thanking me. What do you want?" Yuna seems to get the idea.

    "Did Thomas tell you to take care of something?"

    "He did. Why? Are you going to stop me? Even after you agreed to be his wife, you want to save the bastard who made you pregnant?" Yuna shakes her head no.

    "That's not what I want. I wish that man to die a horrible death, but of course, it's only something someone like me could dream off. I want to know if you're going to take care of his family." I smiled.

    "Who knows what I might do. I'm only following what my brother wants me to do."  Yuna looks like someone who has a lot to say.

    "Yuna, if you have anything to say, say it now. You know that I am someone who gets annoyed easily." Yuna smiled.

    "I have nothing to say, Tiffany. If I do, I'll make sure to do so." Yuna stood up from her seat before excusing herself. What just happened? I wonder.

  LATER THAT DAY,

  It's only been a few hours since I arrived at my office when one of my staff told me that my ex, Amanda, was waiting for me in the lobby. At first, I wanted to ignore her, but the staff told me she had been disturbing other people and spreading false rumors about me. In the end, I have no choice but to walk down to the lobby and see her.

  "You're finally here! Are you afraid that I might spread legit things about you? I knew you would come through. Come on, Tiffany. I know you better than anyone else out there. You missed this body of mine." I have to admit, this woman knows what she's doing, but it doesn't matter; I would let myself indulge in such cheap play.

  "Get out of my building right now, or I have no choice but to call the cops on you. You cheated on me, and now you decided to be loyal? For what? Why didn't you keep your vagina intact when we were together. Perhaps this is God's way of telling me that you're not suitable enough for me." Amanda scoffed.

  "And what makes you think that nineteen-year-old is compatible with you? Is it because she's younger than I am? Or is it because she's desperate for money, which makes you exciting?" This woman has finally lost it.

  "That woman is way better than you, and she takes care of me when we're together. Unlike someone I know, that woman you mentioned knows how to act in front of important guests. You, on the other hand, puke on my guests and pretend like it's nothing! I lost a lot of important mega-size projects because of you!" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

  "I don't know why I should be telling you about this. Leave before I force you to go." Amanda continued to bug me about the past until she was told to leave the security. I couldn't help but watch her as she struggled to release herself.

  I smiled when I saw Lia appear by the entrance.

  "What happened here?" Lia asked as she stood beside me.

  "Nothing. How did it go?" I asked about her trip.

  "Everything is going to plan. I've made sure that the house is spotless, and of course, I ordered a few pieces of furniture to add before Miss Lucia moved in. I hope that you don't mind, miss." I shake my head no.

  "Do whatever you think is right. So why are you here?" I asked since it's rare for Lia to be here at the office.

  "Oh! Miss Lucia, cook something for you." Huh? Lia handed me a bag.

  "I went to her home and talked about the agreement. She planned to come here and give you the lunch box herself, but her mother asked her to drive her to the hospital. So I offered myself to send it to you." I see.

  "What's wrong with Mrs. Reid?" I asked.

  "She said she's having trouble breathing." I see. I will ask Lucia about her mother herself later.

  "Where are you going after this?" I asked Lia.

  "Going home, I guess. Do you have anything else for me to do, Miss?" I shake my head no.

  "Drive carefully." Lia smiled before excusing herself. Now, let's see what Lucia has for me.