Chapter 24 - Dinner & New Friends

Lucia's PoV

    Tiffany called me and said she wanted me to go to her house right after my classes were done. But because Nicole is following me home, I can't just leave her like that. Of course, I have to bring her with me.

    "Is it alright for me to be here?"

    "Tiffany said it's fine. Besides, we're having dinner." I said while showing Nicole the text as we got in the elevator.

    "Look at the view from the elevator alone. It is my first time coming here too. I don't have any friends who live here since just a unit in this building cost more than any mansion out there. For someone to have a unit here means they are be swimming in green." Is that so? That must mean the people we saw in the lobby earlier must be someone really important.

    But maybe the people that we met are those who work here. Because it's impossible for someone who owns a place in this building would smile and wish us to have a good day.

    "Oh- hello." We both smiled.

    "Which floor?" Nicole asked the woman who entered the elevator.

    "Oh- we're going to the same floor. Are you here to see Tiffany?" We both nodded.

    "Miss Tiffany called us to have dinner," I explained.

    "Oh really? Me too! It's weird for Tiffany to invite her friends to dinner at her house. I just came back from my oversea trip, so this dinner is something I'm looking forward to. I've been eating too much Italian food." This woman seems friendly, and she has such a good vibe to be with.

    "Do you live here too?" The woman nodded.

    "I live on the sixth floor. Tiffany was the one who recommended a unit here in this building. It's easier to have someone who owns a building of her own." The woman laughed.

    "What do you mean?" The woman seemed confused by my question.

    "Oh- you didn't know? Tiffany owns this building and several others around the city. I got my unit for cheaper than the usual price since I use my friend card." I- I am speechless.

    How much money does that woman have?! Nicole just told me that only certain people could afford to have a unit here, and that woman owns the whole building?! That's insane!

    We finally arrived at Tiffany's floor. When the elevator door opened, the woman offered to hold the button as we got out.

    "Thank you." The woman smiled.

    "Don't mention it." The woman pressed the doorbell, and we waited for someone to open the door for us.

    "Welcome!" Lia smiled as she opened the door for us.

    "Lia! It's been so long. You look hot as always." Lia smiled at the woman, complimented her, and went inside.

    "How did you two end up sharing an elevator?" I shrugged my shoulder.

    "How many of Tiffany's friends will be at this dinner?" I asked.

    "Three. The other guests have arrived. Please come in and make yourself at home. Miss Tiffany is probably at her office right now. Should I guide you to her?" I shake my head no.

    "I'll wait until she's done." Lia nodded before she led us inside where the others were.

    "They are Miss Tiffany's closest friends. They have been friends since they were children." I see. When I turned to Nicole, she seemed pale for some reason.

    "Nicole, are you okay?" Nicole gave me a nervous smile. Lia excused herself and went to the kitchen.

    "Do you know who they are? I've thought since we met that woman in the elevator. I know I saw her somewhere before, but now that I watched it all together, I finally manage to piece everything together." Somehow this sounds serious for no reason!

    "That woman came from a family who owns the world's biggest diamond mine. And she owns her jewelry line, which she turned into a luxury brand in a matter of years. Her net worth is unknown, but we all know she's making millions every hour because of the mine and her jewelry line."  Seriously? That woman doesn't look like any rich people I know! She's too friendly! Even Tiffany has this sort of aura with her which I think is quite overbearing sometimes.

    "That man on the left is a well-known businessman. Some rumors stated that he married a princess, but he continues to deny it. The elites started such rumors because it's rare for his wife to show herself at any event. And every time, he said his wife was busy with her work. Even my father has never seen his wife before, and my father knows people!" Wow. It's not a surprise if he is married. He does look cute and handsome. But the one on the right, though- he's different.

    "And the man on the right works for the government as the youngest congressman. I heard from my mother that he's aiming to be president of this country, but it's only a rumor. Also, he's married to a famous artist from Korea." Oh- he's married too? Damn.

    "Oh- Lucia." Tiffany finally shows up. Her friends suddenly turned their eyes to me.

    "So you're Lucia?" Asked the man on the left.

    "I am. Please to meet you." I smiled. Should I offer my hand? I'm scared- what if I made a mistake?

    "I'm sorry for the sudden invitation to dinner. My friends wish to introduce themselves to you. It's weird since they never bothered with the other ladies before. What makes you three change your mind?" Is that so?

    "We want to meet the person who made you eat lunch." The woman who committed the crime earlier faces me.

    "Tiffany showed a picture of herself eating lunch in our group chat. We all know Tiffany doesn't eat lunch." Really?

    "But Tiffany, eat lunch with me a couple of times already." They all gasped. What's the big deal, though?

    "She did?! You liar! Whenever we asked you for lunch, you would always say you don't eat lunch!" The woman said while pointing at Tiffany.

    "So? I can do whatever I want. It's only lunch. We can have breakfast or dinner together." Tiffany smiled at me.

    "These are my friends. We have known each other since we were children. That's Belinda, Harris, and Freddy." I smiled.

    "Guys, this is Lucia. Now, should we go and have dinner?" Tiffany didn't even let her friends say anything. Is this okay? Should I say something?

  LATER THAT NIGHT,

  "Have you seen Tiffany's secret hobby?" I reached my hand for my cup when Belinda, the lady I share the elevator with, asked me a question.

  "Secret hobby? The cars?" Belinda shakes her head no.

  "Her fishes." Fish? Like an aquarium?

  "Nope. I haven't seen it before." Belinda smiled.

  "As you know, Tiffany travels a lot for her work. So whenever she had the time, she would buy fish from around the world and ship it back. At first, it was just interesting, but as time goes by, it's become a problem because her collection keeps getting bigger. It takes a whole floor in this building alone to store them all." Whoa!

  "I didn't know she had pets before. She doesn't look like someone who even likes pets.

  "You haven't seen her cats and dogs yet too?" Wait- Tiffany has cats and dogs?!

  "You went to the main estate, right? Didn't she show you her pets?" Again I shake my head.

  "Follow me." I followed Belinda to a hallway that led to Tiffany's bedroom. Belinda then grabbed a picture from one of the tables and showed me.

  "Tiffany and her pets. She has two judgmental cats just like herself and three overly protective dogs. I advise you not to approach her cats without any reason because they will hiss at you. We tried to convince her to get a normal-looking cat, but she ignored us and got two Ashera cat breeds." Ashera cat breed? Why does that sound familiar.

  "What about the dog? They look cute, though." Belinda's expression turned dark.

  "Tiffany doesn't have that much circle of friends. The only people she talks to are mostly her client and us. Because of that, her mother got her a Siberian Husky because it says to be easier to train and a great companion. At first, it was fine until we found out that Tiffany had bought two other dogs, an American pit bull terrier. When we asked why she said they look cute." Two pit bulls?!!

  "I don't know how but all her pets seem to listen to what she says. Even the professional animal trainer had some trouble training her dogs to be docile, but it only took a stare from Tiffany to make the animals afraid of her." Wow, really?

  "And her pets are trained to protect her. The dogs won't hesitate to protect their master, which goes to the cats. You'll be surprised by how loyal they are to Tiffany." I see. I wish I could see them.

  "I used to have a cat. I adopted it from a shelter, but unfortunately, my mommy's sister accidentally let her out and was hit by a car. I was devastated, and my father had to bury it at the back of the house." I didn't mean to tell her such a great breaking story.

  Gosh- I just made the situation awkward; again!