Chapter 20 - Tokyo, Japan (Dinner) Pt. 4

Third Person PoV

    Tiffany and Lucia had finally arrived at the opening of the new Iscariot branch company, and everyone was curious about the lady beside their employer. Tiffany noticed that Lucia's hand was shaking from the sudden attention and decided to pat her palm to gain her attention.

    "You're shaking again." Lucia takes a breather before smiling wide.

    "I'm sorry. I could handle a small group of people, but everyone is watching us, and I can't help but feel the pressure and their expectations." Tiffany smiled.

    "I know. I've been feeling that way since I could remember. The pressure of being perfect in front of these prying eyes is too much for me. At one point, I tried to drink poison." Lucia was surprised.

    "Lia managed to find me and brought me to the hospital where they do a complete cleaning of my guts. The details were too gory to say out loud." Lucia suddenly chuckled, realizing she had just laughed at Tiffany.

    "Good! I'm glad my story makes you laugh. Now put on your best smile and make me more money so I can spend it on you." The couple then meets several of the guests as they enter the hall. Tiffany seems impressed by how easy it was for Lucia to adapt herself in front of various people with notorious backgrounds.

    Right then and there, Tiffany thought that she had made the right decision.

    "Your new girl seems to be enjoying the attention given to her. I heard rumors that said she's just a student with a hefty amount of debt before meeting you. How did you mold her into such a fine weapon?" Tiffany smiled.

    "Mold? Sir, your words don't seem to fit the situation. You make it look like I'm some slave trader." The guest chuckled.

    "Tiffany, I've known you since we were in school. You have a hobby that only certain people would have, and that is collecting beautiful things. And I admit your latest collection had an aura that screams she's untouchable with you around. Is that what you're aiming for?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

    "Who knows? And I have no idea what you're saying." Tiffany continued to play coy until Lucia came back to her side.

    "Did you make friends with the housewives?" Lucia nodded.

    "They have such interesting stories to tell. I can't help but listen to them. They even put me in their group chat!" Lucia showed Tiffany her phone.

    "Should I be worried?" Lucia chuckled.

    "Who knows. Anyway, there were several of them who asked about Amanda. But don't worry, I just told them that I have no idea what happened between the two of you. I asked them to ask you themselves, but they refused. They seem a little scared by the idea too. Even their husbands apologize to me after they know." Lucia laughed it off.

    "Is that so? They must be really worried. You handle that with ease. I am proud of how far you've come. It only took you a few days to do what I asked you to do. Good job. Please tell me if you need anything. That will be your reward." Lucia hummed.

    "Really? Is it alright for me to be greedy?" Tiffany nodded her head.

    "Why? Is there something you wish for?" Lucia shakes her head no.

    "It's not a thing but a request. I want to go to the Tokyo Tower." Tiffany raised an eyebrow before smiling at Lucia.

    "Alright. We shall visit the Tokyo Tower tomorrow. Since we have nothing scheduled tomorrow, we shall enjoy Tokyo to the fullest." Lucia smiled before thanking Tiffany.

    "I've been meaning to ask, how did your quiz go?" Lucia smirk.

    "I'm confident that I ace the quiz without any problem." Tiffany smiled.

    "Then this call for a celebration." Tiffany waved her hand, and immediately a waiter came with two glasses of champagne.

    "Really? I think this is just your way of drinking more alcohol than you should be. Come on; you need to stay sober until this party is over. Lia had warned me to keep my alcohol intake to a minimum. You can enjoy it after we're back at the hotel." Tiffany sighed.

    "Lia is too much. How could she contact you and ask you to be my reminder?" Lucia smiled before clinking their glasses.

    "It's for your good. Take a sip, and that's it. You have other people to see." Tiffany sighed and took a sip of her champagne.

    "That's it? Are you not going to finish it? Is this the Tiffany we all know?" Tiffany laughed.

    "I thought your wife would keep you hidden until your issue is solved. How could you be here? Did you escape from the she-devil?" Tiffany's old friend pointed at a figure not far from where they were.

    "Do you think your wife heard me?" The man nodded his head.

    "She did, but she decided to keep it low until she's done talking with her friends. Who is this lovely lady?" Tiffany proceeds by introducing Lucia to his old friend.

    "Nice meeting you, Lucia. It's nice to see someone other than Amanda on such a happy occasion. That woman is nothing but an eyesore. Luckily you saw her wrongdoing before you decided to marry her. Imagine how much it would be if you had to give her your billions because of the divorce? God- I can't." The man we're surprised when his wife came to his side.

    "Are you two talking about Amanda?" Lucia was surprised to see the woman.

    "It seems you knew who this woman is. Tina, meet Lucia." The woman smiled.

    "Nice to meet you, Lucia. I'm Tina." Tina chuckled as she shook Lucia's trembling hand.

    "I guess I still have people who admire me for my acting even after marrying this pathetic man." The man smiled.

    "Are you a fan of Tina's work?" Lucia nodded.

    "Me too. I was a fan before marrying her too."

    LATER THAT NIGHT,

    The moment Tiffany and Lucia arrived at their hotel room, Tiffany immediately went to the bar and took a bottle of gin from the shelf.

    "God! I miss you!" Tiffany said while pouring herself a glass of gin. Lucia shakes her head while taking off her earrings and make-up.

    "How could you drink so much and doesn't feel anything after that? If I were you, I would have puked all over the carpet." Tiffany smiled.

    "If you will feel nothing if you have to care for thousands of people working for you. And you have to do your best because you're responsible for providing food on their dinner table every day." Tiffany takes one shot and enjoys the feeling of her inside being burned from the liquid as it goes through her body.

    "That was good! I'm hungry. Do you want to order food?" Lucia seems a bit surprised.

    "But we just came back from such a hearty dinner. You're hungry again?" Tiffany nodded.

    "Should I make something? We didn't even make use of the kitchen at all." Tiffany looks at Lucia with curious looks.

    "Do we even have anything to cook?" Luci shakes her head no.

    "We can buy some raw food, and I'll cook it for you. What do you think?" Tiffany looks at Lucia and the menu book.

    "It's easier for us to order it, though." Lucia seems a little disappointed.

    "Alright." Lucia got the menu book and looked at the menu while Tiffany looked at her and the book back and forth.

    "Are you disappointed?" Lucia shakes her head no.

    "I want the lobster." Tiffany nodded before Lucia went to the bathroom. Tiffany leans back in her seat while reaching for the phone and ordering their food.

    "Did I do something wrong? I was only telling her the truth." Tiffany asked herself. Lucia walked out of the bathroom in her robe as she got her phone from the bedside table.

    "Did I say something that offended you?" Lucia smiled.

    "No." Lucia gave Tiffany a short answer before walking to the closet to change her sleeping clothes. Tiffany sighed as she got herself up from her seat and went to the door.

    "Thank you," Tiffany said to the hotel staff before locking the door.

    "The lobster is here!" Tiffany calls out while bringing the tray to the table. Lucia walks out of the closet with a smile on her face.

    "Now that it's here, I feel hungry myself." Lucia takes a seat at the table and starts to eat. Tiffany knows that Lucia is offended by something, but she has no idea why. She wants to say something, but she knows Lucia will lose her appetite if she does.

    "What's wrong? I thought you were hungry. The food is here; dig in." Tiffany nodded and started to eat. There was an awkward silence between them.

    "Am I in trouble?"

    "What makes you think you're in trouble?" Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

    "No, you're not in trouble. Why would you be in trouble? I'm not that childish. Anyway, what are those?" Lucia was referring to the boxes by the door.

    "Thomas asked me to find some things for him. Those are some of them. Tomorrow we will have to find several others." Lucia hummed.

    "That sounds exciting. I love window shopping." Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

    "What's the point of window shopping? Just buy them. You can afford it now." Lucia smiled.

    "You have no idea how fulfilling it was to look at the things you want but can't afford. It gives you the motivation to work harder." Tiffany hummed.

    "I guess so. Do you have any other places to visit besides the Tokyo tower?" Lucia shrugged.

    "I don't know any other places, though. Why don't you give me the tour yourself." Tiffany smiled.

    "Sure. I know just the places you have to see in Tokyo." 

  THE NEXT DAY,

  After visiting most of Tokyo's hotspots, Tiffany and Lucia decided to continue their tour by car instead of walking.

  "Did you get many photos at the tower?" Lucia nodded.

  "Did we find all of the things your brother asked you to find?" Tiffany nodded. Lucia smiled.

  "Do we have to leave tomorrow? Tokyo is such a nice place for a vacation. We haven't even explored the other parts of Japan." Tiffany nodded her head.

  "We can always come back in the future. You have an important exam to do, and I have to face my mother and explain to her about the land I just bought. That old woman will be pissed, but hey, what's new. Even the text she sends me screams death. I don't see the problem since I used my money to buy the land." Tiffany sighed while pinching her temple.

  "Good luck with that. My sister told me that my brother finally had a girlfriend. Surprisingly, it's not my friend, Nicole. They seemed to be close at one time, but my brother brought another girl home to meet my parents. Nicole must be devastated." Tiffany takes a bottle of water that they bought earlier and have a drink.

  "Do you want time to do some background check for the girl? I can ask Lia to do it." Lucia shakes her head no.

  "I believe my brother knows how to deal with it himself." Tiffany nodded as she closed the cap of the water bottle.

  "Oh- I forgot to mention that your penthouse is ready. Let me know if you want to move out of your parents' house. I can arrange it for you. But in my personal opinion, there's no need to pack a lot of stuff. We could buy a new one for you." Lucia was surprised by the news.

  "I haven't told my parents yet."

  "They know- well, your father does. He said that he's worried that you would be the main topic for your neighbors to gossip on. So I told him that I could arrange a home for you. And he agreed. I'm sure he told your mother about it." Lucia sighed.

  "The penthouse is near my home. And I hired a maid to take care of the house. If you need someone to drive you anywhere, the maid is capable of doing so. I will provide everything for your leisure. So don't worry. What's wrong? Why do you look troubled? Do you feel guilty again? Don't be." Tiffany smiled before poking Lucia's nose lightly.

  "Enjoy your life, Lucia. It's too precious to live in fear."